New Yamaha?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I like it! They dont give a whole lot of detail about wheel travel, or any of the actual specs, or pricing! Not that I can afford anything new! But shifting is awesome, I still grab the shift handle in the RZR, as all my buggy's prerunner and race cars are shifters. Looks to have allot more leg room, vs the RZR. The doors open conventionally which I like. I'm sure with some better springs and better shock tuning it would work even better then what they show.

It will be interesting to see how many are done up at the Sand Sports Show in a few weeks. You know their are going to be dozens on display.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Yamaha Introduces All-New YXZ1000R
First and Only Pure Sport Side-by-Side Solidifies Yamaha Leadership in Powersports Performance

Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, introduces the all-new YXZ1000R, the world’s only pure sport Side-by-Side (SxS) vehicle. Boasting a high-performance 3-cylinder 998cc engine with a class-defining 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission, the two-seat YXZ1000R provides a superior driver-connected experience in the dunes, desert or on the trail.

“The YXZ1000R redefines the sport Side-by-Side category and solidifies Yamaha as the leader in powersports performance,” said Mike Martinez, Yamaha’s Recreational Vehicle (RV) group Vice President. “In the YXZ1000R, Yamaha has combined industry-first technology and performance with the durability and fit-and-finish SxS enthusiasts have been craving, and we’re confident the YXZ1000R will exceed all expectations.”

READ MORE AND SEE MORE HERE: http://www.utvunderground.com/new-2016-yamaha-yxz1000r-31629.html

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I don't like the batmobile rear end and shifting. Not fun for trails

Last edited:

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
That thing looks sweet! This sport is growing like crazy! If the upgrade makes it more like a semi auto it should be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullTiltLunatic

Aug 20, 2013
Exciting to see the sport grow. Was hoping for better styling. Kinda looks like it came from a China factory. Suspension, time will tell. Looks like the best handling stocker so far, but I'm just judging from a vid. Doesn't make me want to sell my xp1k that I have all my blood sweat and tears in. I'd like to see Japan manufacturers jump in full force with the SXS market. Looks like Yamaha still just testing waters to me, I feel like they are way more capable then what I've seen so far. Production cost may be a factor, we may be at the limit for what these corporate companies can produce for $20kish.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Exciting to see the sport grow. Was hoping for better styling. Kinda looks like it came from a China factory. Suspension, time will tell. Looks like the best handling stocker so far, but I'm just judging from a vid. Doesn't make me want to sell my xp1k that I have all my blood sweat and tears in. I'd like to see Japan manufacturers jump in full force with the SXS market. Looks like Yamaha still just testing waters to me, I feel like they are way more capable then what I've seen so far. Production cost may be a factor, we may be at the limit for what these corporate companies can produce for $20kish.
lol you can produce a complete Honda , kia, Hyundai, Toyota, for 20k with atleast a 60k mileage warranty but they cant produce an utv with half the interior no ac no heat for 20kish now that's funny.I bet Polaris makes more profit from sidexside then any of those other manufacters of a car.

Reactions: facteryfmf

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
i watched the video. its definitely pounding the whoops. bucks itself sideways and dude matts the throttle and it straightes right back up. suspension doesnt look to be using but all of about 10" of travel but the shocks are clearly doing their job.

the leaked pis are terrible. none of the leaked pix look exactly like what was in the unveilng, although they arent much prettier, they are definitely better than all the crappy leaked pix.

i clearly saw a floor board with 3 pedals, but the guy appears to just jam the shifter. so maybe its a setup like rally cars have. gotta use the clutch for the engagement of 1st gear from a dead stop, but can jam the gears up or down from there on out.

i would like to see what kinda lap time one runs on my track to give a better assessment.

You build clutches but don't understand how this transmission shifts? I guess that says all it needs to say right there.

I guess we will also toss out your assessment on the suspension you made from the comfort of you office. 14 inches of travel right? I don't think any of us need to hold our breath waiting for your laptime assessments from you track because I can guess what they will be like. Don't be butthurt because you can't sell any high dollar clutches for this machine.

Just think about what happened today. A factory built SR1 was released with 4wd. I repeat, a factory built, factory finished, warranty supported sport SXS was released today that is as close to an SR1 as could be and all I hear is how we need to wait to see what breaks, its only 112hp, the seats don't look as good as the crap seats that come in the stock XP1 that everyone replaces within minutes anyway and so on.

Last thought is I wonder how long it will take Polaris to lobby for the 5 speed machine that will be capable of 100mph across the dry lakes to be outlawed in BITD. You won't be able to blame Cory for this one when it starts kicking ass in every race series. The way I see it is that you have all been racing a Grizzly/Sportsman/Foreman for the past so many years. Now the YFZ450/TRX450 is out so you will get smoked and quickly.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
The cage design is terrible. I'll be waiting for a class action law suit when people start getting trapped in it like a mouse trap. Go look at the cut away shots

Its going to be interesting to see where everything is put as far as a desert racer. Not much room under the seat for a bigger fuel cell. No extra room in the nose. It is an a arm design in the rear, not a trailing arm. (the xp1000 truly is an a arm as well with a heavy forward leg) The shocks are overleveraged for sure for sustained abuse.

Overall it appears to be fast and nimble. Many people will like shifting. Others wont.

apexin. you are are pretty ignorant of what Airdam said. I bet you had fun typing that from the comfort of your office. He made the comment about how it shifts because people have posted it doesn't have a clutch pedal or that its not needed except to start out or that it has steering wheel mounted paddles. You need to put stuff in the proper content before you bash it. The rest of his assesments weren't that far off either.

Factory build SR1:rolleyes:. Its a mass produced, sell to the average customer for the highest profit margin possible toy. Just like every other UTV out there. Just because it pulls its weight around different than everything else doesn't automatically make it the most amazing rocket ship out there. Maybe it will be awesome, but I wouldn't put down money on a pre order before I got to see one. Sounds like you did though. Whatever makes you feel better.

apexin

Apr 15, 2011
Arizona
The cage design is terrible. I'll be waiting for a class action law suit when people start getting trapped in it like a mouse trap. Go look at the cut away shots

Its going to be interesting to see where everything is put as far as a desert racer. Not much room under the seat for a bigger fuel cell. No extra room in the nose. It is an a arm design in the rear, not a trailing arm. (the xp1000 truly is an a arm as well with a heavy forward leg) The shocks are overleveraged for sure for sustained abuse.

Overall it appears to be fast and nimble. Many people will like shifting. Others wont.

apexin. you are are pretty ignorant of what Airdam said. I bet you had fun typing that from the comfort of your office. He made the comment about how it shifts because people have posted it doesn't have a clutch pedal or that its not needed except to start out or that it has steering wheel mounted paddles. You need to put stuff in the proper content before you bash it. The rest of his assesments weren't that far off either.

Factory build SR1:rolleyes:. Its a mass produced, sell to the average customer for the highest profit margin possible toy. Just like every other UTV out there. Just because it pulls its weight around different than everything else doesn't automatically make it the most amazing rocket ship out there. Maybe it will be awesome, but I wouldn't put down money on a pre order before I got to see one. Sounds like you did though. Whatever makes you feel better.
Your nuts. Its bigger than the RZR's you guys have been racing for years. The same machines you throw most of the stock crap, including the roll cage away the second you get home. You and a lot of others are just looking for a reason for it not to work. You need to try much harder.

Reactions: SGM4Life

madviking

Mar 15, 2014
That engine... oh that triple engine... I've been driving various versions on the snow since 2005. Shouldn't be difficult to swap in the 1049cc Nytro engine. It'll push close to 150hp fairly easily in the sleds.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Looks like it will be fun to rip around the desert and dunes. Just curious why they went with 27" tires on a ride that looks like it was being built to destroy the desert. 30" stock tires would have been nice.

Can't wait to see one in person and hopefully drive one this season.

Reactions: ROTAX

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I had same thoughts about tires. Why not stock 29s? It has the power. 27s are old news

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000