NORRS Driver Registration UTVUnderground Discount!

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
ok SoCal I will hold you to that...

Like I said I don't want this thread to turn into some of the other forums. The TORR show should have showed you, we were and are legit otherwise why drive 1000 miles to be on the radio...(Aaron did drive all the way out there, plus hotel) and everything else we have done from business legalities to SFI membership and certification.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

We do count the costs to the penny for everything. The driver registration entry fees go to the paid drivers and then to the championship funds, so those are not counted as income for the series, the same way our business plan makes way for no sponsorship money yet still be viable. We purposely structured the series that way so that with the economy the way it is we don't even run the chance of not completing our series as planned, the championship purse is already pre funded to guarantee funds, and that includes UTV. Without restating an entire radio show or two months of forums, we are different in that we aren't wasting money on live tv requiring sat uplink trucks, production trucks or the crew needed for a live production rather we are being cost effective by creating the shows with tape delay. Many have taken what we do and said oh you just don't know what you are doing, your just this startup...and that is where we can say they are wrong, or just get SoCal on the mic at the first race to announce to everyone their sorry (just joking). We have counted the cost before construction and deemed it to be feasible. <O:p</O:p

If you read some of the first posts on other forums (not to drive people away from here) we said our series is going to be flexible, if that means flexible with the locations, ticket fees or the entry fees) <O:p</O:p

We are also doing what we said we would do, no not the BS you refer to but rather asking the racers, listening to the racers and acting on what the racers want. A race organizer/promoters has to work with what racers want....especially when it comes to their fees and payback as well....<O:p</O:p

Wesley

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Hi Rog,

Ok I see where you are coming from. Let me ask this then:

When we first published prices, we had some people say they were too high, but then we had others saying too low.

The Weekend Entry Fee directly relates to payout for each race.

So would you rather have 100.00 off of the entry fee or then taken from the payout. (the entry fees affect you the racers as the series gives back 100%)

Is there enough Adult Kart drivers to make a sportsman and expert class? If so that is fine and we can split them up.

As for the UTV Expert and UTV Sportsman pricing we can adjust them however as stated above it effects payout... so lets do a POLL on here, For expert and sportsman UTV would you rather have 400, 300 and higher payout or 300, 200?

Wesley

That should work for alot of peeps like Bobby said, you should get more entries.

I talked to Todd Arthur about Adult Karts, they should be Pro only. remember that even the kids will be getting to old to drive the lower series and have to move somewhere. :)

We think the Adult Karts will take off really well. $250-300 Kart pro would prob be a good start on entry fee.

on the subject of payback, even 80-90% would be good for UTV and Kart PRo, this should help you with lower entry fees.

this seems to be way more payout than some series to me.

Non pro Driver license should be about 75 and keep pro at 125 at least for this year and see how it goes. Opinions?????

I know HRT Motorsports has some interest in your series, if you would like to talk to them for more feedback call 760-788-0019 late afternoon and ask for Todd or Chris.

A Poll on here for Adult karts would be skewed, as most on do not race them or have kids that race them

But you have several UTV racers on here :D

Rog

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I really think is has potential to be a great short course series.

Note: UTV racers want some big air and sloped landings and great corners.

in other words, if the course can be altered for utvs and karts that would be cool, so they can use part of big track and part of thier own track, this makes for good driving and not all out HP.

many peeps have said the OLD M4SX track at Elsinore was very fun for the drivers.

Don't forget to keep tix prices for the fans reasonable also, good prices == more fans!!!

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
thanks for the input....

Here are some things we are doing from the track...

Large turns (whats racing when only one vehicle can take a turn)
Techinical... we want parts to allow speed yes, but also require knowledge of driving.... One track will have a double table top (one table top jump right into another)
Our design is to make aspeects of the track act as woops for larger vehicles or small table tops, but to UTV, the 450 kart and EXPERT KART they will be just like the double table tops for the Expert Lite, Expert 2 and 4. i believe currently all jumps have ramped landings.

when it comes to ticket prices that is the one things we knew well before going into this... (we are owned by a ticket company)

Ticket Prices Adult 25.00 Kids 10.00 (family of four for 50.00)
There will be other discounts for things like 5.00 off adult tickets.
Also online fees will be at the absolute minimum. (say 0.75-1.25)

ins and outs will be allowed. (reentry) San Diego might even allow some food and beverage to be brought in.

Wesley

07fj

Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Do these include being in the pits, like CORR was for everyone???
this is also how fans get to meet the drivers and teams and vice versa. that was one of the best things about CORR, fans went most everywhere, except grid lineups and hotpit areas. team members only with badges were allowed there.

Also, I forgot to ask about fan camping for the weekend like Corr also.

paid camping fees 40-50 a night and weekend passes for both days and you can come and go all weekend. They used colored Wrist bands to ID the weekend passes.

One reason I ask this, is that some peeps Volunteer their time to help pit for some teams and pay thier own way to do so. many teams need this support to keep racing.

While I am at it, Do you need a "Pace Rhino" for the UTV's and Trophy Carts???

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
yes open pits just like corr. that aspect will be the same. Crew will have Barcoded ID badges.

Camping will be 40.00 per day. (Dry Camping Grounds)

There will be no need currently to wrist band RV (that will help make RVers life easier) since re-entry is allowed.

Crew Tickets will be discounted from the already low prices.

The goal is affordable...

As for the Pace Rhino, email me about that....

Wesley

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
To keep the UTV underground up to date:

For Immediate Release:

San Diego, CA (March 11, 2009) NORRS, National Off Road Racing Series announces that there is a location change from the Pala facility.

We were set to hold 5 races in cooperation with the Pala Raceway. Unfortunetly the Pala Raceway has backed out of the agreement with us in using their site for the 2009 race season.

"It is unfortunate that we are having to make this change as many teams have made plans for the first race to be North San Diego. We promise that with its replacement that both spectators and drivers will see the benifit to the new location." said Wesley Carr, COO.

Although we are not holding our races at Pala Raceway for 2009 we have had several venues offer their facilities for our use as Pala location replacements. They are offering some great amenities to both drivers and spectators. We will be announcing the location change pick soon. We understand that our first race is fast approaching and we are working diligently with these venues to put finishing touches on what will be an exciting season of racing.

About NORRS:

The series will be primarily held in Southern California due to its mild weather.

NORRS brings exciting short course off road racing for drivers of all types and ages. From Children to Sportsman to Professional Drivers behind the wheel of 800hp trucks flying over 150 feet.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Its gonna be a BBQ when he announces this news on RD. I feel bad for the guy.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I guess it was announced on the last TORR show that Pala decided to bump NORRS in favor of going with RJ's TORC series.

Tough to get a series off the ground with help like that.

Hey, theres always Elsinore for rent.

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
Two series, one track... nah. We are actually working with some great venues that our Parent company works with similar to how we are working with the Antelope Valley Fair. Like we mentioned both of the new facilites are offering some nice features for both spectators and drivers... think of things like no dirt pit areas (paved) and shaded bleachers... easy breezes instead of 50mph winds... and places that once we announce who and where we know you will be happy with the decisions. We are greateful that they stepped up and because of NORRS being owned by E-Tickets it is really starting to show what we will be able to do even in such a short amount of time. Where we could have said oh just forget it, we are and will be proving that even in adverse circumstances, with everyone (or alot of people, no one here of course) saying we are just full of it and everything we have been called.... that we have the integrity to stand up, we have the flexibility to work with the Lemons that are given to us, to make some really good lemonade and that we will be able to provide a great racing season to both drivers (that is affordable) and spectators (affordable and entertaining).

well thats my mission statement....

Wesley

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well like I told Aaron today. With all the adversity you guys have faced if you are able to get this thing off the ground then no one will ever be able to say that you guys werent determined and persistant!! I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best and hope the other race facility remains here in San Diego!!

norrs

Feb 19, 2009
We recently added an FAQ to our site. this is in response to some people still having "unanswered" questions.

One thing I would like to point out is the Drivers License and Crew License.

These Licenses offer more than just Registration for the series and access to the Hot Pits. They are also your Season Pass. Yes, you get your "tickets" included in these. They are what you use to get in the gates.

I know this is different than every other series but hey different can be good and change for the better is never bad.

Why would we do this you may ask? Why be this different? Why not. Many racers that we have talked to have talked about how expensive it may be to race multiple series, but even just getting all the licenses for each series and then everything else. Well our license actually gives you something in return....it is more than just a name on a registration sheet. If you have a NORRS license (Driver or Crew) you do not need to buy extra tickets for yourself or pay extra for your pit access.

NORRS, National Off Road Racing Series

Just thought you would like to know....

Wesley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000