Official UTVUnderground 2013 LOORRS So-Cal Regional RD4 Photos & Results

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I think the comp test they did was a start in the right direction. I also think that some people have questionable motors. I personally was standing next to a guy that asked why we had to line up for tech again and I told him they are doing comp test. He looked at me like a deer in headlights and said shit and walked away. So either he thought he was funny to say that or he had some questionable stuff???

My biggest concern for all of us is the inconsistency of the safety part of tech. I was told I wouldnt be allowed to run practice or race as my seat belts were out of date. Totally fair enough. I think the rules need to be straight across the board. Seabass you took a nasty nasty tumble in round 1. Where might you be if you were running a stock cage. Which they allowed through tech. Or a non rated helmet ?? I think there is room for improvement. There will always be a cheat or someone pushing the envelope of the rules. But i was pretty upset over the idea of us not all having to follow the same rules.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
I'm pretty sure I've said this before... DNF is spot on!

Lucas oil Regional staff (Lee) knows how important these stock rules are in order to keep this class growing.. This just got the ball rolling. Now , guys building new cars and current drivers know they aren't kidding around and they WILL spend the time to tech the UTVs.
Thumbs up Lee. Rock on Doug! Keeping it real!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure I've said this before... DNF is spot on!

Lucas oil Regional staff (Lee) knows how important these stock rules are in order to keep this class growing.. This just got the ball rolling. Now , guys building new cars and current drivers know they aren't kidding around and they WILL spend the time to tech the UTVs.
Thumbs up Lee. Rock on Doug! Keeping it real!

Todd teching the UTVs is great. They should do random testing. They should be strict on safety. They should also make everyone play by the same rules. I think the series is great and these are growing pains. The utv class has more entries than any other class there. I dont think they were ready for all this this soon

UTV Wolfpack

Aug 7, 2012
My biggest concern for all of us is the inconsistency of the safety part of tech. I was told I wouldnt be allowed to run practice or race as my seat belts were out of date. Totally fair enough. I think the rules need to be straight across the board. Seabass you took a nasty nasty tumble in round 1. Where might you be if you were running a stock cage. Which they allowed through tech. Or a non rated helmet ?? I think there is room for improvement. There will always be a cheat or someone pushing the envelope of the rules. But i was pretty upset over the idea of us not all having to follow the same rules.
I Agree with you on the cage and belts. Had my cage not been properly built I could have been hurt or died and yes that was my worst crash to date, my stomach was messed up for about 2 weeks and I had seatbelt bruises on my arms. Anyways I did see a stock cage with mods to it in the line up. Forget the tech part on Lucas Off-road's behalf but if you are dumb enough to race a stock cage in this class then you shouldn't be racing at all.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
We actually believe we may have had sand through the head from the glamis industry ride. Oh well lets ride !!

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Only a motor guy would know that, most racers are not going to ask a motor guy to build a cheater and if they did I would hope the motor shops wouldn't do it. People can still buy big cams and HC pistons over the internets & install them their selves....just sayin.

This test was simple, lets do a cross section of the racers, compare numbers, look for any variations but more importantly, lets see how the racers react to being tested...lets see who bitches, weirds out or, just skips tech all together.

And just so some people don't think "Cool, now that I've been checked I'm cheating" I would suggest LORORS tech everyone again at the next race using this...
http://store.katechengines.com/whistler-compression-ratio-tester-p174.aspx
They should have this for the ProLite and ProBuggy class anyway.
my .02

Isn't that called WORCS?

Rumor has it...Im a nice guy, dont believe every rumor you hear...;)

I dont know about anyone else but I can tell you the engine in the second place car is stock, in fact I'm glad they tech'd, our spark plugs were loose.

Cheating, its pretty easy, if I beat you I had a good race but if you beat me you must be cheating, right? Thats how how all the rumors get started it seems.

I know during our SR1 days everyone knew everyone was playing with cam timing. Weller, Mittag, Cody, and I think Beat were all opened up at Firebird, we all popped our covers, Sappington acted like he knew what he was looking for, the rest of us eyeballed each others stuff, put our it back together and raced the next day.

Heres the fun news, if Cody doesnt race next year I have volunteered to be UTV tech for LORORS if they'll have me, anyone excited about that? Remember what I said about rumors above....
LOL... we don't even race this class or series, don't worry....;). WORCS is pretty crazy. I just heard some "rumors" and I have seen the cars that do race this class, oh yeah I am pretty familiar with the rules too, so I know not everyone is following them. And yeah Cody is a killer driver hands down! Never said anything on that, ever... and good kid... and back to the rules thing, I was just asking on here, if these rumors were true, and as you can see it was an issue. At least Lee is making headway and it sounds like the rules are being more and more enforced each round for a quickly growing class. It is definatly an awesome race to watch with that many cars in one class.... awe now I want to get an XP and race this class... or YAMAHA!?

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Looks like Joey or some other admin had to back up the site with an earlier version so Ill repost this just in case.

Talked to Lee today, NO VIOLATIONS.

Looks like everyone is playing by the rules. They will continue their tech after every race from here on out as well. No I dont know what they will be checking for, only that they will be checking cars after the races.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Looks like Joey or some other admin had to back up the site with an earlier version so Ill repost this just in case.

Talked to Lee today, NO VIOLATIONS.

Looks like everyone is playing by the rules. They will continue their tech after every race from here on out as well. No I dont know what they will be checking for, only that they will be checking cars after the races.
Bumping myself just so everyone see this.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Glad there are NO cheaters! Just great drivers, it looks like... good job guys and good luck next race. Maybe I will jump on this banwagon soon... or wait for the new classes after we start seeing new shit in the next couple months.... hmmm? What was that....?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000