Pine Valley Ride - June 1st

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
A group of us are doing a couple hour ride in Pine Valley on Sunday, June 1st at 12:00. If your up for some good riding and fun company, come on out! We will meeting up at the Pine Valley exit just off of the
highway. There is a small culdesac for staging there. Here's a few pics of the area.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Just curious but why not just go to Coral Canyon and hit up some of the 4WD trails or do the Los Pinos loop?
Sidewinder, Gun Slinger, Bronco Peak to Bronco Flats are all fun runs that you shouldn't snap an axle on.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
We just might do that... I'll see what everyone wants to do. Honestly, I haven't explored corral canyon too much. Are you up to going with?

Just curious but why not just go to Coral Canyon and hit up some of the 4WD trails or do the Los Pinos loop?
Sidewinder, Gun Slinger, Bronco Peak to Bronco Flats are all fun runs that you shouldn't snap an axle on.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Sorry but I cannot, my weekends are pretty much spoken for through September with race related activities. Go check it out, it will take all day but you will have fun.

Bronco Peak, if you do that run take it from the road up to the peak then down to Bobcat Flats, its pretty gnarly in one spot be very passable. Going the other way would be very tough.

The rest is cake, enjoy.

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Josh was going to ask can my car make it through the BLM gates with the suspension (LT). if so I will have at least one more car with me if I make it. Your right it has been awhile. Needed to take care of a few things and now I am trying to make more time for this toy of mine. Just info the people who would come with me are kinda newbies but not first timers.

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
Josh,
Pine Valley is awesome on a bike forsure,but I've never done it in the rhino.Ive done some corral canyon trails,and one of them was pretty tough.Maybe it was bronco,but not sure.I had to scrape the belly pan,and got turned sideways,and it turned out to be a good thing because it forced me to back down the hard part ..all worked out in the end.I dont think my long travel would have fit,but I'm up for trying it again.Maybe I'll join you,if I can stop working so damn much.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Josh was going to ask can my car make it through the BLM gates with the suspension (LT). if so I will have at least one more car with me if I make it. Your right it has been awhile. Needed to take care of a few things and now I am trying to make more time for this toy of mine. Just info the people who would come with me are kinda newbies but not first timers.
Shannon, depending on what we want to do, the trail that we were going to do is a 2 hour loop, tops. It's a scenic fire road, pretty fast paced, and has a few technical spots. Now, if we want more, we will need to go over to Corral Canyon, which honestly isn't a bad decision. Just let me know, right now we have about five cars commited. Everybody is layed back and ready to cruise, so don't worry about the newbies. We're planning on concluding the ride at my house in Alpine with a BBQ and swim. I believe Chad (my nieghbor) will be coming with us.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Josh,
Pine Valley is awesome on a bike forsure,but I've never done it in the rhino.Ive done some corral canyon trails,and one of them was pretty tough.Maybe it was bronco,but not sure.I had to scrape the belly pan,and got turned sideways,and it turned out to be a good thing because it forced me to back down the hard part ..all worked out in the end.I dont think my long travel would have fit,but I'm up for trying it again.Maybe I'll join you,if I can stop working so damn much.
Greg, stay in touch. The Pine Valley (Bear Valley Fire Rd.) is fun and convienent. It sounds like Marty can't do it since he's getting ready for his Bass Tournement in Mazatlan. After we ride for a couple of hours, we will BBQ at my house in Alpine. It's Sunday afternoon, so I'll give you permission not to work! :D

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Ride List

1. Ali Baba
2. DaHarp
3. Lorenz
4. GunnTeryx
5. Schmo777 (maybe)
6. Waytay (maybe)
7. Paul Sr.
8. Desertdog (Maybe)
9. Rhinoaddick (Maybe)
10. FuelATV

scmo777

Jan 20, 2009
Brawley, CA
Josh from the looks of it If we make it we may have around 4 to 5 cars. One last thing do we need to have parking permits to park in that little area thats off the hwy.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Josh from the looks of it If we make it we may have around 4 to 5 cars. One last thing do we need to have parking permits to park in that little area thats off the hwy.

Yes... The parking permits are $5 and you can buy them at the gas station in pine valley. When you exit the 8, turn right and go down to the stop sign. You will see the gas station.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000