All UTV's Pit Bull Growler XOR Long Term Review

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Re: 2009 Pala Raceway / UTVUnderground.com GP

SO after our first race on the Pit Bull Tires we learned a few more things!!

1. Pit Bulls HOOK THE HELL UP in some mud! These tires motored OffRoadSwapMeet's rhino up hills and past lighter and faster competitors due to the amazing traction!

2. You do not want to get behind the Pit Bull Tires! They will ruin your day and make you run through a weeks worth of tear aways in 5 seconds. This is a great thing when racing cause you can definitley make your competition think tice about running on your rear bumper. Theyc an be a bad thing when you are riding with your buddies and you kill one of them with a boulder being flung at 50mph! LMAO

3. You need to run more than 7lbs of tire pressure in a race situation or you need bead locks. OffRoadSwapMeet was bending corners like Dr. Dre on 3 wheel motion and becuase of low tire pressure and stock SE rims he rolled a tire off the bead ending his day.

4. Pit Bulls are FOR REAL! These tires bounced off of rocks, powered through mud, and look good to boot. SO far we are thrilled with the performance of these tires and cant wait to get them into the dunes for some sand testing! So far they have passed the hard pack / rocky and mud terrain tests with flying colors!

PIT BULL LT 4x4 TIRES :: Rock, Mud, Trail, Sand and Snow Super Extreme Off Road Tire Company

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Re: 2009 Pala Raceway / UTVUnderground.com GP

3. You need to run more than 7lbs of tire pressure in a race situation or you need bead locks. OffRoadSwapMeet was bending corners like Dr. Dre on 3 wheel motion and becuase of low tire pressure and stock SE rims he rolled a tire off the bead ending his day.
There is no question about it, pitbull tires teamed up wit some beadlocks is the best set-up for hard packed dirt and definitely a must for muddin!! Offroad Swapmeet Danny would have had a greater chance of winnin the PALA GP if he would have had some beadlock for sure! On our OW trip I caught up to Danny on one of our group ridez and witness how thoses pitbulls provide great handlin and not 2 mention how it digs the dirt and lil rocks out tha ground!! :eek: Dont wanna be behide those pitbulls!!! I can see some pitbulls on my Rhino in tha future............. :cool:

Last edited:

747ink

Have to say you don't want to be behind those tires I'm still nursing my red eyes!!!!

Padilla1880

Official UTVUnderground Graphic Designer
Oct 3, 2009
Temecula
If you're on the fence on these Pit Bull tires, don't be! These tires really BITE down on any kind of terrain, and from pics and footage provided from Off Road Swap Meet as well as others you can see that these tires are LEGIT! I've been lucky enough to ride in the Off Road Swap Meet Rhino before and after Pit Bulls. Pretty much a day and night comparison.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I finally got the on board video of the PALA GP. Watch the PITBULLS pulling out of turns like it's hard pack!! Teryx860 falling back on all the turns! Passing all the TERYX'S on the course . Video was short due to LAKES on the course!! My motor is a STOCK 660 and the GROWLER PITBULL TIRES had me in front for the first 2 laps!

Offroadswapmeet #45

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Trip to Ocotillo Wells,CA on NEW YEARS 2010.

Sat about noon we head out to superstition AKA sand dam. My wife and kids and MIA joey's daughter were loaded up in the OFFROADSWAPMEET Rhino.Mia cried to go and dad had to let her. First stop was @ the first Trestles, and I gave my compressor away @ the trestles HMMMM...

We make it to sand dam and we are leaving now another rhino forgot to put there dip stick back in. So our group is gone @ this point 2 rhinos and 3 quads left behind. Leaving sand dam the offroadswapmeet rhino lost all air in the rear passenger tire. We couldnt wait around and it was about to get dark soon!!!We then continued a 3 1/2 hour mission lost.
We made it home about 8:30 pm the PITBULL TIRE ended up getting shreaded but the funny thing was is that it was still on its beads.The Pitbull tire once again and did it's job!!

BRING NEXT TRIP : GPS,BEADLOCKS,RADIO,PUMP.

SEE YOU GUYS @ KING OF THE HAMMERS!!!!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
I was suprised to see the PITBULL TIRES run a flat for 3 1/2 hours on your stock rim Danny!! Honestly I thought after an hour you would be riding on the rim but it stayed on the rim!! :eek:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
These GROWLER PITBULL TIRE'S are AMAZING!!!

UTV TIRES REVIEW AND COMPARISON SOON TO COME !!!!

GROWLER 6ply on non bead lock rims & UBER ROCKER 8ply on bead lock rims.

GET YOUR SXS & UTV PITBULL TIRES TODAY!!!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
These 25.5 PITBULL GROWLER 6ply TIRES are amazing in what they can do in conditions like no other!!Mud,Snow,Sand,Hard pack,Whoop Sections, Tracks and the BEST TIRE OVERALL !!Here are some pics of what the PITBULL TIRE looks like after a 3 1/2 hour mission!!
This is all Drivers error ONLY IF I HAD A AIR PUMP!We lost air in the tire and it was getting dark,We had no time to waste. It was a flat tire now. Started in the hard pack with rollers and then moved in to some sand washes, Hard pack the rest of the way home.!
The rubber was attached to the beads inside and out through out the ride!Amazing what this Tire went through

Thank you PITBULL TIRE for getting me home!!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Continue REVEIW:

It was like X-mas all over again!! This morning I recieved my new set of PITBULL ROCKER XOR 8ply TIRES!!! I have never seen a Tire that looks as bad azz and never the less works like a PITBULL TIRE!!! I had to get more!!

Tire: Rocker XOR Uber Extreme Offroad Radial UTV TIRES!!!

Specs: Fronts:25.5x8R12
Tire Weight: 27.5lbs

Rears:25.5x10R12
Tire Weight: 32.5lbs

Utv max load 480lbs @ 12psi

Check them out and tell me what you think !!

Look at the crazy thick and graphic rim gaurd!!
USA MADE!!!!!

Thanks to PITBULL TIRES for the Awsome TIRES!!

[email protected]

LouDiamond

De Oppresso Liber - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 9, 2009
Directly under the sun
I made a post on these fantastic tires some time back and some of you now have these tires yourselves. I thought I'd update more on the tires performance over rocky terrain and trails, to include bushwhacking across open desert and to comment on their durability now that I've logged some more miles on them. Due to the huge storm that recently passed through Arizona, I've also had an opportunity to ride in some really muddy conditions and standing water.

I didn't have a camera handy at the time but I can report that these tires are monsters in the mud and can handle anything you could potentially have to drive through. Expect to see mud fly no matter what speed you drive at as the tires clean themselves out extremely well. The tires hook up and pull hard even in the mud, I was impressed by the amount of speed I was able to keep as I hit what I thought would be that sucking mud that pulls your down deeper and deeper. Plan on getting dirty and hit by flying mud as theses tires attack mud like a starving pitbull attacking a pork chop.

Now on to the rock crawling, rocky trail riding.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking but in short, I drove over everything from your average dirt country road to basketball sized boulders and scree fields on terrain that ranged from flat to 45-50 degree inclines on uneven terrain. In all cases, the tires performed better than I could have expected and I intentionally went looking for terrain that would slow these tires down. Throughout all of this the tires still look new after I washed the dust off of them and the wear is minimal despite the rough rocks and cross country desert driving I subjected them to. I expected to see chunks or cuts out of the tread blocks or sidewalls after a few runs through a volcanic rock scree field but when I inspected them, they showed no damage what so ever.

I am convinced that there are very few situations that these tires cannot handle and more importantly, I don't think there is a tire out there that is in the same league that can handle such a variety of terrain as the Pit Bull Growler. Enough gum flapping, here are the pics, enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000