All UTV's Polaris/Cognito/UTVUG WORC's RZR570

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
One week before WORC's round 1 an Idea was born to race a Polaris RZR 570. So between Joeyd, R3Motorsports, and the team at Cognito Motorsports we started to plan a build on a WORC's car to race Class 3 in Polaris' all new UTV. Joey line up the machine and exactly 1 week before the first race Cognito picked the machine up from the local dealer. We moved fast and sourced a cage. Thad from Fabwerks quickly dropped what he was doing and put us together a race legal cage. Pro Armor came thru with a set of doors and Doug/Code pulled the harness out of their SR1 race car. With the car race legal we took it to Glen Helen and Code managed to pull off a 4th place finish in a STOCK machine with a flat tire:eek:. Round 1 in the books. Back to Cognito to make this little car a race car!!!!

Since the last round we stripped, washed, stripped, washed, stripped and washed some more. Our parking lot looks just like Glen Helen!! We took inventory of some damage and tryed to figure out what it was going to take to get this machine past the finish line every race and hopefully get some Podiums. First we started by pulling most the stock suspension off to see what we had. We sent the rear axle to Summer Brothers to build us axles,Sent the rear brakelines to our Manufacture to build us +5 brakelines and Placed an Order to Fox for our NEW fox racing shocks. We decided on going 5 inches wider so that we could utilized factory Polaris front suspension componets and placed an order for those. With parts begining to arrive daily we started manufacturing rear arms. As mentioned we made the car plus 5 per side and added 3inches or so to the length. The new fox rear shocks are RC2 and are position sensitive. We should have about 13"s of travel now from 9-1/2.

Back to the front, After inspecting everything we found that Code had done some hidden damage to the car. As most of you know racing conditions are rough, real rough on 9"s of travel tryin to run with fully suspended seasoned race cars. We found that most of our pick up point holes were starting to egg shape, and we had a broken hub...More parts on order from polaris and off to the laser cutters to cut us some sheet metal to double up the pick up points. With much thought going into making this car reliable and finish races we decided to order some more parts to Bullet Proof the front end. We turned to Gear-One to get us a bullet proof Rack and HD tie rods then we turned to UTV Inc to get us set up with some billet hubs to keep wheels mounted to the car. Fox supplied the RC2 shocks to take a beating thru the rough stuff. Last but not Least Doug/Code will be delivering the New DWT Diablos and new DWT Goldspeed tires.

Parts Recap
Pro Armor Doors
Pro Armor front bumper
Pro Armor Door bag
Custom Cage By Fabworks
Cognito Custom RZR570 + 5 Rear A-Arms
Cognito Rear Brake lines
Summer Brother rear axles
Fox Racing RC2/Boc rear shocks
Fox Racing RC2 front shocks
Polaris RZR-S front Arms
Polaris RZR-S brake lines
Polaris RZR-S front axle assemblies
Gear-One rack and HD Tie rods
UTV INC Billet hubs Front and Rear
DTW Tires & Beadlock Wheels

I know I am forgetting some stuff so I will add parts as I remember, Our shop has been packed like a can of sardines prepping customer's WORC's cars so pictures have not been considered, But I will get some up as soon as I can take some:eek:

We will see you all at Round 2!!!!

Thanks To
Polaris Industries
UTV Underground
Fox Racing Shocks
Pro Armor
Superchips
K&N Filters

http://www.utvunderground.com/f43/u...tosports-r3motorsports-worcs-rzr570-8770.html

Round 1 race report

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
First, we are so proud to be a part of this project, Justin and Jim at Cognito have been nothing short of awesome! Constant communication and everything they say they are going to do they do.....and then some. Great guys to work with, thanks!

Second, I am super pumped to see what the guys came up with for the rear, the back of the 570 is all new so they have been working hard to develop an LT for this car in the three weeks between rounds, cant wait.

Last, huge shout out to Joey for putting it together, were having fun.

See everyone in two days.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i just left Cognitos shop and that 570 rear suspension is real nice. And with the new Fox shocks its going to be real nice.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thanks Guys! I can tell you one thing it has been a long 3 weeks. Every time you turn around there is another challange to over come. We should have it on the ground tomorrow to bleed the brakes set the toe, set the ride height and hope for the best!! We have 0 testing time:eek:

Last edited:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
That 570 was RIPPING!!! COde and I were having a ball with the rest of the crew shredding the dunes of Glamis for our Camp RZR Pre run weekend. I couldn't believe it was Code's first time in the dunes, what up with that DAD? hahaha He didn't look like no first timer, kid had style!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
What can I say, not really a sand guy. Actually we quit going to the dunes and started going to Superstiton when Cody was about 4 so he could ride his 50. Sand and 10" wheels dont really mix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000