Project "2Times"

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Well we dont have much progress on 2Times but we got Justins car up to speed. Here are some pictures.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Well I have posted anything in a long time...I have made some progress but nothing real notable. Fitted the rear fenders, worked on the rear bumper, fitted the dash top and plastic dash. Hung the clutch pedal. We are waiting on proto type stuff from the laser cutter.Heres some crappy camera phone pics.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Heres a few progress pictures....

We were torn on how to mount the top of the radiator...so we decided to build a radiator shroud that will double as a top radiator mount. There will be 2 tabs coming off of the "A" bars to bolt the shroud to.

I finally mounted up the new shoes

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
lookin good! what size did you end up going with for the paddle?

assuming the xtreme paddle, looks like 10 of them, and what diameter and width did u choose?

Make sure to report back on how they worked. Seems like most of the R1 guys end up getting too much paddle, and can't spin them, so i am thinking your on the right track with your choice.

G-

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
lookin good! what size did you end up going with for the paddle?

assuming the xtreme paddle, looks like 10 of them, and what diameter and width did u choose?

Make sure to report back on how they worked. Seems like most of the R1 guys end up getting too much paddle, and can't spin them, so i am thinking your on the right track with your choice.

G-
Greg they are a 26x12x12 on a cst carcuss. They actually measure the exact same height as the 25x10x12...buy obviously have a wider foot print. I think they are going to be right there......should be plenty of bite with just enough wheelspin...Ill post what I find out for sure:D

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Greg they are a 26x12x12 on a cst carcuss. They actually measure the exact same height as the 25x10x12...buy obviously have a wider foot print. I think they are going to be right there......should be plenty of bite with just enough wheelspin...Ill post what I find out for sure:D

where did you get the tires and how much? yes i am one of those guys with too much paddle and lots of wasted money in finding out the hard way.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
you should be able to trim down the hieght of the paddle, and it will have the same effect.. or hit up the cinders for a few more trips, and it will do it for you! haha

g-

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
you should be able to trim down the hieght of the paddle, and it will have the same effect.. or hit up the cinders for a few more trips, and it will do it for you! haha

g-

still too tall and too wide with the 54/13 gearing. i cut every other paddle off my STU tires and that did not work.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
where did you get the tires and how much? yes i am one of those guys with too much paddle and lots of wasted money in finding out the hard way.
I got the tires from Jimmyz @ BYC Motorsports. I cant remember how much they were but Im think they were in the range of 350 fpr the pair.....But dont quote me on that:eek:

Jimmyz 1 714 553 5248

big slick

Feb 23, 2010
that price is with the paddles on or did you have to buy the tires and send them out ot be paddled. also what width of rim are you running and a 12 wide tire

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
that price is with the paddles on or did you have to buy the tires and send them out ot be paddled. also what width of rim are you running and a 12 wide tire
No I didnt have to send any special tire out....scat trak uses CST carcusses for the 26x12x12's. My tires are mounted on a 12x8" wheel.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
GREAT! build keep up the good work
this is an awesome thread! WHAT UP SAM!?
Thanks Guys!!! It will be @ SSSS so stop by and take a look:D

heres a little more progress.

Well the list is getting down to a minimum.....I busted out the steering shaft today. Tomorrow will be the shifter shaft and then The piece I have been dreading to do...The damn header:BangHead:. Then off to welding and to have the sheet metal done. We were gonna attempt to do them ourselfs but decided to leave them up to a PRO.

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
hey jim I can mandrel bend up some 1 5/8" U bends and J bends to help you out on the header Thats what we do for all of our headers you can do it in stainless or mild

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000