Kawasaki Question regarding Lt and wheel fitment

FBT

I have an '08 LE and I am trying like crazy to sell my '65 Beetle to convert the cash into a LT setup for the 'Rex.
I am not looking at the mid travel setups because we don't ride in width restricted areas and I want as much ride quality improvement as possible. I have had major back surgery and cannot handle the beating. I really don't ride enough anymore to justify LT, but my riding is very limited without it. I am hoping the suspension will let me ride more, and in turn go more often. I have installed Twisted Stitch seats, and the drivers side has lumber in it. They were a big improvement.
Since selling my sandrail a few years ago I have found I am a lousy spectator in the dunes, and don't even want to go to the sandbox if I cannot play in it.
Staying home isn't going to be an option either, I have created two monsters in my sons, both are now adults. One has his own truck/5'er and toys now, and the other is right behind him. When granddaughter starts wanting to go, Poppa is gonna hafta do something.
So the Bug is for sale.
At this point, the LTI and XMF systems are at the top of my "wish list"
While researching the topic and reading everything I can on the subject it seems that many of the kits come with wheel/tire info on them. I appreciate the R&D that goes into these setups, but are those tire/wheel size combos mandatory for interference problems, or are they intended to provide info on how to get the best results with the Kit?
I have my stockers and a set of 14" SS112's with bigger tires on them. Will either work for awhile? I can't see the $ being available to buy new wheels and rubber at the same time I spring for a kit, and really do not want to stare at the machine on jackstands in the trailer or in my shop for a couple of months trying to scrape up more $ for rims/tires.
Thanks in advance for your input.

FBT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000