All UTV's Quickener/rack opinions....

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Hey guys, especially you guys that have been racing these things for a few years..
I wore myself out with steering and all the tight stuff at Havasu.. Im intrested in a quickener, I found one from speedway motors for about $90.. A couple XP guys at WORCS went with this method... What other options ? aftermarket rack? Not intrested in the $900 power steering option.. thinking larger steering wheel and a quickener .. your thoughts......

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
look at the howe stealth heavy duty..its about 150 bucks and real small compared to the standard howe

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
I have both a quickner, small 1.5 to 1 and PS on my Teryx and I love it. Don't be afraid to go with PS because it will make your experience that much better! I'm not a fan (yet) of a quicker ratio rack because everyone I have seen changes bump for the worse. A larger steering wheel is the cheapest easiest way to get a little better results.

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
Very interested in this subject,,..so what do most of the racers do?full rack,or quickner?is there a strength issue with either one?any input would be great!thanx

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
hmmm.. Thanks for the input guys.. Im going to look into the quickener more seriously.. I worry about the wheel getting to big and causing issues in the car space wise, Im 6' 3" but I do have nice sides that bow out on my car so I should be fine..
I think a 15" wheel.. stock RZR is about 13"? My RZR is not at home...

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
steering wheel placement is very important too. i have been advised just recently to take a look at how nascar and baja drivers steering wheels are placed. They have to endure a much longer drive time and they have the wheel much closer to them and they a good size wheel ...i think with a quickener and a 15 inch wheel placed correctly you would be very happy. As you are that tall you may not need to move the wheel closer as i plan too

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
good points and agreed,, I have my wheel in my circle track car moved close to me and its nice, your right, move it closer and gain some leg room.. I can add length to my colum when I install the quick release hub as well.. 15" aluminum wheels from circle track outfits are super cheap also..

FBT

Team Green, and anyo other of you fellows with P.S., what options are worth a look? From what I have seen they run around a thousand bucks, that is major duckets for me after dropping the $ on L.T., so I am gonna hafta stop buying other stuff for awhile (reloading gear) and save my $.
Like the long travel, this is not something you want to have to do twice.
Really would like to see some reviews on the P.S. systems.

Tony@Racer Tech

May 26, 2010
Holland, Mi
Hey Guys we sell a complete kit with Steering wheel, quickener, adapter, and a mount. The complete kit goes for $675 and I will post up some pics soon. I don't have them on the web site yet because we haven't actually released them yet, So I guess you can call it a UTVunderground.com exclusive! Give me a call and I'll anwser any questions you have. Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000