R1 cooling system questions

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
So I have studied the coolant system plumbing and I have a few questions what all the other R1 guys are doing. It appears that I have 4 lines going to the radiator. The main lines in and out, The line coming out of the oil cooler and the small 1/4 line tha comes off the bottom of the motor and T's off and leads up to the fuel rail.

1. are you guys using the thermostat and the bypass line that is inline?

2. Can I use the thermostat and cap off that 1/4 bleed line or what ever it is and get rid of that inline plastic tube?

Any help will be great. Id like to clean up the top of that motor the best I can and would like to know what is necessary and unnecessary.:confused:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Dude....... you know who to call:D
Ill give Jew a call soon. We should be mounting a radiator in a week or so and we have at least 1 port to add of for sure. I know we have to add the water oil cooler line. The cars gettin close. Wheres you r1 progress pics????:confused::eek:

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
I would definetaly keep the small bleed lines. Getting rid of them, or hooking them up wrong can be cause of lots of problems. The line coming off the thermostat needs to go to the HOT side of the radiator. The line coming off the water pump (the one on the bottom of the motor) needs to go to the COLD side of the radiator.

R1s like to run hot, so I think getting rid of the thermostat would be bad, as it would over cool the motor most of the time.

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
I would definetaly keep the small bleed lines. Getting rid of them, or hooking them up wrong can be cause of lots of problems. The line coming off the thermostat needs to go to the HOT side of the radiator. The line coming off the water pump (the one on the bottom of the motor) needs to go to the COLD side of the radiator.

R1s like to run hot, so I think getting rid of the thermostat would be bad, as it would over cool the motor most of the time.
Thats true if you run a ''rhino'' radiator,but the one I'm runnin is for a car application an set up to run 180 deg.

Attachments

roostingrhino

Roost That Rhino - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 21, 2009
the manuel... the bike is designed with all the lines running the system.... hook them all up and you will have no problems... i run peter d fludyne and and spal fan which is on a switch and always on... mine gets to 220 if i am raping the shit out of it... but it will cool down fast if i just cruise for a few... no heating issues with my setup @ all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000