Yamaha Resurrected Rhino build

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO
This is my 08 Rhino build here in my shop.I wheel trails in KY,TENN,IN and have Jeep customers that I occasionally wheel with in the rocks.Point of this build is to get the best of both worlds.I sold my built Jeep to get the buisness off the ground a few years ago and decided to just stick to the SXS of things for now.I'm also going to be useing this build for carbon fiber R&D and testing.I've got a background in lamination but not using in the offroad world.Little bit about the build.The rockers have been raised 10.625",widened 4" at the B pillar, and the seats stuffed into them.Roof and doors will be done out of carbon fiber.After I get the chassis squared away I'll be putting shocks on it and building a 787 for it with the help of JBS.The main top tube goes from A pillar around the rear spare tire and back to the other A pillar,10 bends in 7 differant plains, 21' of tube, no splicing.Not going after super light as much as I am going after durability with good trail perks.Please excuse the mess in background.I'm planning to move the buis this spring.lol

There is a tube that runs threw the boxx to cannect the A pillar all the way to the frame.

This is the rear fuel tank/storage cover.It will have blasted lexan under it and back lit with LEDs.Some like it and some don't but this is mine and not a customers.lol This is obviously shortened from the original build thread but I thought I'd share here.

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO

I've been busy in the shop but I pulled this thing out of the corner and started working on it again.Ready to start making carbon fiber skins for the doors and the roof.

Fuel tank and dry storage will be under that hinged cover in the back.Building the bed box out of a sheet metal sub structure and sheeted with HDPE plastic sheeting.

98GP

Apr 25, 2012
I want to see more.
Is the drivers seat located where you want it? How are you going to change the steering wheel?

madviking

Mar 15, 2014
Nice to see these builds still going on. :cool: If you want to add additional cooling to your belt case, let me know. There's a potentially good combination using Viking and Grizzly parts.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Nice, that's some impressive tube work. 21 feet of tubing with 10 bends on 7 different planes is not easy. I also really like the boatside.

The Rhino is a great machine. They make awesome trail rigs.

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO
I do 5 and 6 bends all the time but the size and added bends proved to be a lot harder that I thought it would be.It didn't need to be done in one piece by no means but I wanted to push the software I use to it's limits and see wether my bender could keep up.It did it quit well but in the middle is bending it we had to lift the bender cart in the air so I could rotate the tube towards the floor.That was a nerve racking disaster. Lol

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO
Thanks for the props fellas.I can't wait to get it done but I have customers that can't wait till their's is done so I guess...................... Everyone needs a paycheck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000