Yamaha Rhino shocks upgrade

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
What's the cheapest shock upgrade for a stock set up on a 660 rhino? I was thinking of trying to hunt down some stock resi shocks but curious if there is something else out there.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Sport resi is okay, but I would look for a set if used bilstiens, kings or fox stock replacement shocks. They will give you a better ride quality.

silvermedal

Mar 29, 2013
Utah
Having a hard time finding anything used..... Wish money grew on trees!!
I've been looking for about 7 months and had very little luck. Found 1 set of King's but let them slip away. Just ordered new Bilsteins cause they were the most affordable and have excellent reviews. I use the term "affordable" loosely.

Last edited:

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
I've been looking for about 7 months and had very little luck. Found 1 set of King's but let them slip away. Just ordered new Bilsteins cause they were the most affordable and have excellent reviews.
I know what ya mean. i have been looking on and off since i bought my rhino. Where did u order the Bilsteins from?

silvermedal

Mar 29, 2013
Utah
I know what ya mean. i have been looking on and off since i bought my rhino. Where did u order the Bilsteins from?
Got mine from rhinogiant.com $1320 shipped. The guy Jake was a pretty cool dude and is getting me set up with the shocks and in a hurry. I ordered them this past Thursday and told him I needed them by this coming Wednesday for a riding trip and he said he could have them to me, custom valved and sprung for my mods, particular riding style and all. Can't wait to get them! I'll let you know how everything turns out with them.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
also Makin Trax or steve chase can dial you in a set of afco shocks to exactly what you want for around the same price. The afco shocks arent very known in our industry but i won a superstock championship on a pair of them in 2008. give steve a call at 951 782 1479

Rhinofire13

Mar 8, 2013
Hudson Valley NY
Got mine from rhinogiant.com $1320 shipped. The guy Jake was a pretty cool dude and is getting me set up with the shocks and in a hurry. I ordered them this past Thursday and told him I needed them by this coming Wednesday for a riding trip and he said he could have them to me, custom valved and sprung for my mods, particular riding style and all. Can't wait to get them! I'll let you know how everything turns out with them.
The shocks that are on the stock sport rhino are they better or worst then the ones you are getting.
Just like to know.

silvermedal

Mar 29, 2013
Utah
The shocks that are on the stock sport rhino are they better or worst then the ones you are getting.
Just like to know.

The ones I have now are not the sport models, just the bottom of the barrel stockers. HORRIBLE ride quality!!! Very rough and constantly bottom out even at slow speeds. I've ridden in a sport shock model and it was a bit better, not a ton though from what I could tell. Ridden with King's before too and they were fantastic. Never ridden with Bilsteins, but read nothing but good, so just taking the chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000