rzr 1000 problems

rzrkiller

Feb 10, 2014
I seem to be having problems with my 1000 and cant find any answers
First: when taking hard turns the back tires come off the ground is anybody else having this problem and if so how did you fix it
Second: Shocks any problems there i have already had a rear one fixed and now i have a front shock bad i know walker evans is better than this
Third: I'm getting a lot of dirt and sand around my intake ports on top of the bed and i don't think its coming through the screen i think its coming from underneath
Fourth: Now my charging system is over charging and the engine light is coming on and the power steering quits working
And this is all on a bike that just now has a 100 miles on it
Any help would be great

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I seem to be having problems with my 1000 and cant find any answers
First: when taking hard turns the back tires come off the ground is anybody else having this problem and if so how did you fix it
Second: Shocks any problems there i have already had a rear one fixed and now i have a front shock bad i know walker evans is better than this
Third: I'm getting a lot of dirt and sand around my intake ports on top of the bed and i don't think its coming through the screen i think its coming from underneath
Fourth: Now my charging system is over charging and the engine light is coming on and the power steering quits working
And this is all on a bike that just now has a 100 miles on it
Any help would be great

#1The body roll handling is in the shocks. The fix is to either send them to Walker and have them set up like the race cars or purchase an upgrade set like fox's. If I had to guess the shocks are set up the way polaris wanted them so that the Majority of users were happy.

#2 If I had to guess there was a budget W/E had to meet and some of the internals are cheapened up to meet that budget....I'm just speculating but I know that on the Fox's that used to come on The XP900 the internals were not top shelf parts.

#3 Is it getting past the air filter or is it just around the bed intake area? The foam filter on the engine and clutch at the bed is just there to keep big stff out of the air box and clutch.

#4 Take it too the dealer...its a first year machine and it will have problems....Im sure polaris will get it taken care of.

Apr 4, 2014
#1 As far as suspension issues go, is it your inside rear tire that is picking up under braking into corner, perhaps sandy corners?
#4 The EPS seems to be a little finicky as a friend has dealt with the same issue, I'd say take it to your seller or closest dealer asap.

datab

Jun 16, 2014
In regards to #4. I had the same problems. I have the 2014 RZR 1000 XP4. I was a couple miles out on the sand dunes at St. Anthony, Idaho and turned the machine off. When I tried to turn it back on it just clicked. I found a pair of jumper cables and it started right up but the EPS light came on and the power steering didn't work. I took it into the dealership (fortunately it is still under warranty) and they determined the battery and alternator are good. Ultimately they found that the machine had a bad voltage regulator. They replaced it and now everything works fine.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Dude its all in your Head , Polaris is perfect according to most. LOL. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000