Polaris RZR XP 900 - Best Air Intake?

H82LOSE

Feb 4, 2014
I'm not sure if saying this makes since but from past experience messing with filters on other applications I'm assuming the filter is flexing under pressure. What I mean buy this is at a certain point inside the box the air pressure is causing the fliter to flex allowing the engine to pull dirt, dust or sand past its seal. I'd love to be able to wait and not have to replace the entire air system but I've never been known for being patience. Lol How long are you thinking? If keeping my existing box was an option then I would just run an intake from it into the bed and add a extra filter for the added insurance.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
So you speak for all customers? Clueless....
everyone i have installed for customer were the filter is in the bed dont like them. From the 800 to the 900 same complaint its to loud and most of the system lose horse power. Then when you put a different system in under bed there is a hole left over. and there is another complaint. clueless is the guy telling you your going to gain power by adding about a 20" of pipe with a couple of 90degree bends with a filter added to it. Were does the air filter go to make the most power closet to the motor. The farther away the bigger the plenum.

Fuel

Aug 13, 2013
man. I sounded pretty rude on that last post. sorry. I didn't finish my post I didn't mean to post it like that I came back to finish and saw this..:( I ment to say some people are clueless when it comes to making intakes. There is ways to make an intake quit even coming up through the bed. The intake that I posted above and comes through the engine panel. so its easy replacement. Is it louder than stock yes. does it make more power yes. 6hp 2.5 lbs torque over the hole usable rpm range. All it needs is resonator off it and I could make quite as stock. A lot mpopel that I run across have very loud exhausts so the intake mute at this point.

Just_Wanna_Drive

Nov 28, 2013
Have any magazines or websites done a [NON BIASED] review of available intakes?

No offense to any vendors, but it's not really easy to trust what is advertised when they all show dyno results, but the next vendor comes right behind them and discounts the claims...

All the bashing makes me nervous about dropping $300-$500 on a system thats accused of stretching the whole truth and/or dyno results by other "R&D experts. " And that's what keeps my plastic in my pocket. But I HATE the stock RZR intake system.

I guess I could volunteer my unbiased buttdyno and gmeter app... any vendors interested? :D

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Have any magazines or websites done a [NON BIASED] review of available intakes?

No offense to any vendors, but it's not really easy to trust what is advertised when they all show dyno results, but the next vendor comes right behind them and discounts the claims...

All the bashing makes me nervous about dropping $300-$500 on a system thats accused of stretching the whole truth and/or dyno results by other "R&D experts. " And that's what keeps my plastic in my pocket. But I HATE the stock RZR intake system.

I guess I could volunteer my unbiased buttdyno and gmeter app... any vendors interested? :D
We would love for one of the mags to do a review/ shoot out. We now have hundreds of our Double Down Intake kit out there now and the feedback is always positive. Gains you can feel and clean air box. It's totally stealth and all under the bed. Been proven at KOH, and tracks all over the country. Currently sponsoring the Carr One/ Patridge Motorsports 5 man XP900 team. Bryan Carr ran it last season and knew that the team needed them for this season.
It's all Good!
Mark

mandingo

Dec 15, 2014
I think I have the answer to the dirt problem that everybody is having with the stock filter. Donaldson makes a filter for a company called Volant that is the same size as the k&n that kelly is selling with his kms intake. The donaldson filter part number from Volant is 61511 and uses a synthetic nano fiber weave it is part of the powercore g2 line. Filters down to .01 microns.Volant offers a 4 year 100,000 mile warranty on them. I am going to run this with a outer wear right off the side of the kms intake box.I will let every one know how it works there is a lot of dust here in Arizona and its killing our rzrs.

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
Would like to know more info. On your filtration system. Did you lose any power at all ?? I think all Rzr owners don't want to replace or go thru a rebuild. But a Good filtration set up would be the way to go on these Machines.
Would like to hear what you came up with.
Hope this gets to mandingo.

Last edited:

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Would like to know more info. On your filtration system. Did you lose any power at all ?? I think all Rzr owners don't want to replace or go thru a rebuild. But a Good filtration set up would be the way to go on these Machines.
Would like to hear what you came up with.
Hope this gets to mandingo.
I ended up switching to UMP airbox, completely eliminating stock plastic box, it's piss poor design IMO. Maybe lost 1-2 hp , but I'm not racing, and it was NOT noticeable. They fixed airbox design in 1k rzr. Sold all my rzr stuff these days though.

Gator/900xp

Jun 10, 2015
Thanks for the info. Will have to check out filter system on the 1000 to see if it could be converted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000