Polaris RZR XP 900 rear camber issue

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
So I have a 2013 XP900. My rear camber was starting to look way out to the negative...10 degrees or so it looked like. I never did check it with the angle finder before putting on new lower high clearance radius arms. I set my new radius arms to spec at the heims eye to eye and it looked great. I went to Pismo this weekend and after a day of riding I was cambered out again and the ass was sagging to about 10" of GC. I came home and checked my camber was at 5 degrees fully drooped. I set it at 0 degrees and added a half inch of preload to the rear springs as they seem to be sagging. I am at 4" of distance vs the 3.8" per Polaris specs now if you follow the user manuals measuring guide of point A to B (rezzie bracket to bottom of the lower coil retainer nut). My rear radius arms are now eye to eye at 24" even which is about 5/16 inch short compared to the stock lower radius arms eye to eye. I figure they will settle in nicely. But this is what it took to get my GC back and camber to look normal after 650 miles of use. Anyone else seeing the same type issues? Also, will I have binding issues through the full suspension cycle by shortening up the radius arms by 5/16"? I was not able to cycle it without removing the shocks and ran out of time for that.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Either your High clearance Radius rods are pulling straight, or you have a trailing arm bent causing the negative camber. We don't use build high clearance parts for this reason.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Either your High clearance Radius rods are pulling straight, or you have a trailing arm bent causing the negative camber. We don't use build high clearance parts for this reason.
If I had a positive camber issue I would of thought something was bent from banking into burms and such, but these were at an equal negative camber on each side left to right. I know some like to run it that way for better cornering but it was just too much. It all looks good right now....needs to settle in as it came off the jack and I only rolled it up and down the driveway. I guess my main question is what effect if any will the radius rods have at 24" even eye to eye vs the 24 5/16" they were stock? Can you elloborate on the downsides of high clearance arms vs straight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000