RZR XP Swaybars

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
At the Anza race i noticed 2 different RZR XP's with broken rear sway bars. Has anyone noticed this to be a problem with the XP's? Is this a fluke thing? Is it a race problem? Has anyone broke one useing their XP for recreation? We are thinking about having a stock replacement made. Obviously one that wouldnt break. Can I get some input please?

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
At the Anza race i noticed 2 different RZR XP's with broken rear sway bars. Has anyone noticed this to be a problem with the XP's? Is this a fluke thing? Is it a race problem? Has anyone broke one useing their XP for recreation? We are thinking about having a stock replacement made. Obviously one that wouldnt break. Can I get some input please?
that thing is a monster, are you sure they did not have it disconnected somehow? or did they break the end links? many have cut them because they did not think they came out very easy. :eek:

No problems with mine, or any that I know of on rzrF yet.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
that thing is a monster, are you sure they did not have it disconnected somehow? or did they break the end links? many have cut them because they did not think they came out very easy. :eek:

No problems with mine, or any that I know of on rzrF yet.
2 of the XP's in the madhouse motorsports camp broke them clean in half right at the mount:eek:. We have sway bars built for GM trucks and are considering having on built for the XP.

bigdjvp

Jun 11, 2010
Jim, those boys are winning races and flat beating the shit out of those cars. I bet if you give the XP's some more time on the track you will see more breaking. I just don't think any oem sxs comes out of the box built to handle the track. You could be on to something here, you know what they say "the early bird gets the worm."

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Jim, those boys are winning races and flat beating the shit out of those cars. I bet if you give the XP's some more time on the track you will see more breaking. I just don't think any oem sxs comes out of the box built to handle the track. You could be on to something here, you know what they say "the early bird gets the worm."
They are definatly finding the weak spots. Keenan had a bar fail...as well as blown out shocks, and Dj broke one as well as having some other problems. Chad and the whole madhouse crew are definatly running with the best of them and have a ton of talent. I expect too see big things out of this group!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i say build one! the only decent sway bars for Utv's atr pushing $500 if you kept the price down i think you would have a good product. just be careful of the weight a solid sway bar could get too heavy for a Utv.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I'm bumping this up!!:D We now have sway bar that is being tested on 2 different race cars this weekend:D After this weekend Im sure I will have some info on these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000