RZR XPT. Fox Interbypass Rebuild

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
Does anyone have a part number(s) or know where you can buy a rebuild kit(s) for the front and rear XPT factory shocks?

Last edited:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
FOX-REBUILD-5 Rear $37.65
FOX-REBUILD-7 Front $35.32

Instock

Cognito Motorsports

1 866 426 4648

Last edited:

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
You generally want to change the negative spring guides as well...they are plastic and break, if they get up to the LSC they cause all kinds of Havoc.

P/N 6093, 6094 I cant find a price for these but we also have them instock. Needs 1 of each P/N per shock.

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016

Instock

Cognito Motorsports

1 866 426 4648
You generally want to change the negative spring guides as well...they are plastic and break, if they get up to the LSC they cause all kinds of Havoc.

P/N 6093, 6094 I cant find a price for these but we also have them instock. Needs 1 of each P/N per shock.
Are the spring guides you sell stock replacements or aftermarket?

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
shock therapy or foddrill motorsports
Thanks...Foddrill had them in stock. Shock Therapy is not interested in selling the kits.

Instock

Cognito Motorsports

1 866 426 4648
Jim....Thanks for your help and correspondence today. I ordered the seal kits this morning from Foddrill before I got your response. At the time, I did not know that you were/are associated with Cognito. Tyler is working on getting some more information and pricing on the spring guides. It won't happen for this weekend but its something that I will consider when I pull the shocks apart as I work on the valving.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I have a valving thread on here. Not much info in it, but I'd sure like hear what you do to the valving. I'll bump the thread for you.

I also have a thread on installing Schrader valves.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Speaking of schrader valves...we have those cap kits instock also if you dont have the skill or desire to drill out and tap the holes.

Reactions: Glamisfan

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
I have a valving thread on here. Not much info in it, but I'd sure like hear what you do to the valving. I'll bump the thread for you.

I also have a thread on installing Schrader valves.
Did you have any trouble getting the shocks opened up? The first one was no proble but the second one is giving me fits. Any suggestions?

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I haven't opened one up yet. Someone said Fox loctitghts some parts?
I believe its the seal head that has the locktite on it. There is a special tool required to take it apart. I dont know if they are available for sale you will probably have to make it yourself.

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
I believe its the seal head that has the locktite on it. There is a special tool required to take it apart. I dont know if they are available for sale you will probably have to make it yourself.
Thx...did you guys have to make your own tool or did you get it from Fox?

Last edited:

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I still haven't been able to figure out what "special " tools are needed. After a lot of googling I did find a couple pictures of two different styles of a tool that is needed to take the compression adjuster apart. I think this summer I'm going to attempt my own revalve. I f I do I'll be sure and share everything I find out along with pictures.

Reactions: Rynomx785

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
I still haven't been able to figure out what "special " tools are needed. After a lot of googling I did find a couple pictures of two different styles of a tool that is needed to take the compression adjuster apart. I think this summer I'm going to attempt my own re valve. I f I do I'll be sure and share everything I find out along with pictures.
I'm in the process of making a set of tools for the 2.5" fronts. They won't be high tech but should do the job. I haven't pulled the rears yet, but I assume that they will be different because of the larger shock ID. I may need to make another set when I get into those.

Will you post the pictures that you found for the compression adjuster?

I'll let you know how it goes...I didn't get it back together for this weekend so it might get pushed aside for a little while.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I did a five-minute search right now and couldn't find what I saw before. It literally took me a good hour of searching different parameters on Google images till I found what I thought was the right tool? It's hard to tell because they have mountain bike and motorcycle fork tool also.

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
The seal head is technically spanner wrenches also but it can be difficult if there is lock tight or galling of the aluminum threads. One of mine came apart easy the other..well I'm still working on that.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
So then the seal head screws into the shock body? It does not use a wire ring like other shocks? I guess it probably couldn't because it needs to screw in order to hold the inner sleeve in place. Any pictures you could share would be greatly appreciated. If it screws in, I'd take a propane torch and put a little bit of heat on that shock body to melt the Loctite and then give it a quick turn to loosen it and then immediately put water on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000