SR1 suggested rules are up!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
and again Rog, we will say that if you think there will be a better way to assemble this class then go and start writing the rules and gather the cars and then submit it. Everyone would want to see it and support it as well I am sure!!! If its better than Weller's SR1 class and there are more cars willing to run, well they arent stupid I am sure they would be on it. Until then lets not try to pick this class a part too much, although I think the flow of ideas and information is good fo rthe future of the class. All opinions should be heardn especially form those who plan to do the class.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I just figure, gotta start somewhere. Getting rid of this effing rhino motor is tops on my list.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I figure if I sell my primary motor, and backup motors along with the multiple pipes, carbs and all the damn spare parts I have i should be able to do the swap for free. Just need to rebuild the chassis.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
don't you want a class with more in it??
Absolutly but before anything I just want A class....SO if weller is going to out forth effort, time, dollars, etc.... to develop A class then I will back that class 100%. And I will do the same fo rth enext guy trying to create A class for UTV's to race in no matter what it is!!

We have to start somewhere...........Before fully mod UTV;s were running we were launching stockers off big huckers...it starts somewhere...

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Absolutly but before anything I just want A class....SO if weller is going to out forth effort, time, dollars, etc.... to develop A class then I will back that class 100%. And I will do the same fo rth enext guy trying to create A class for UTV's to race in no matter what it is!!

We have to start somewhere...........Before fully mod UTV;s were running we were launching stockers off big huckers...it starts somewhere...

i agree with you A class on the Whole is great. haha

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

what do you mean dollars?? I can def agree with time, but apparantly they do not want to come on here and read suggestions and reply. are they talking with other series tech peeps on their advise?? I see M4SX is on board for next year, that is cool ( lord knows they need any number of machines to keep their series going, and can only help it. :). Have they discussed this with Ken or Corry S. anyone else that runs a program now?

I am not trying to argue with you joey, but you apparantly are not getting what a true spec class is. more to it than a motor and mount. these do not make a spec class.

that is exactly why it should not be a spec class. as Blue and Jr pointed out, what if they want to do their kawsakis???? wouldn't you want them to race in the same class if they choose??? how about the worlds fastest RzR with a Liter bike motor?? the more the better for SxS racing. 10-15 (or more) of these things all together would be awesome to watch :) 3 or 4, not so much.

have fun

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Roger, do you think Weller's time in developing a new class is free? Do you think testing this new concept is free? Do you think Producing this kit is free? Yes they have and are speaking with race promoters and orginizers and there is lots of interest amongst lots of people in this industry. We can only hope and pray that M4SX is here next season, if we lose them lots of us will be dissapointed and bummed. Ken is on board and I have spoken to him personally BTW.

Yes we want to see guys like Blue racing in a kawi BUT if Weller is going to spear head a class and they are going to write the rules and people are going to roll with them then so be it. Like I said, if someone wants to do it differently than Weller than go out, develop a set of rules, approach some race associations, and get it done.

Maybe I dont understand what a spec class is, maybe I dont get it? BUT something tells me Weller knows what a spec class is and that they get it or they wouldnt be spending the time and effort in developing the SR1 program. Weller does race like 3 times a month dont they in multiple classes and multiple series, in multiple vehicles/bikes? I think Jason, Jeff, and Corry have a bit of an idea of what they are trying to do. They are experts.

My job here at UTVUnderground is to help support and promote the industry and the sport and that is exactly what I will do. I will do whatever I can to help anyone who is trying to grow this sport and hobby. I see your point Rog, I get it, you want all types of SXS's with all types of 1000cc street bike motors to be allowed in one big class but whats the difference in that vs what we have today with 800cc? Weller wants one type of SXS and One type of motor bottom line. Not only will this simply the class but it will level the playing field, make it easier to tech, and easier to build a car for this class becuase they will have developed and refined an awesome kit. They are doing a lot of leg work with their idea, do you know of anyone else who is?

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
In the end, money rules. The promoters need racers. I'm sure if there are 6 cars in the class racing and 10 poeple with other maunufacturers motors or chassis wanting to race the rules will change to bring in the cash.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Since it's a new class, we are trying to keep the class as tight and similar as possible - as a result, we are, for now, only allowing a straight chain drive (no diffs, no FNR boxes) system. We are only doing this to get this class started on the right foot - again, we are trying to bring back a true driver's class. The only way to do this is to make sure that every Rhino is as close to exactly the same as we can get, without requiring them to all be built by the same company or have the same year motor, etc. Will a gearbox make that big of a difference? Maybe not, but if we allow FNR boxes, someone will want us to allow diffs, too. If we say OK to that, someone else will want an RC51 or Hyabusa motor, etc. etc........and there goes the whole point of the class.

If you look at spec classes such as LOORRS Superlites, or the Trophylite classes, these are classes that are attractive to racers because they know that every time they go out on that race track, they all have the same machine - and they all have just as good of a chance at a podium spot as everyone else in their class - the only thing making that difference is their driving ability and luck.

This is our goal for the SR1 class, and to at least make a genuine attempt at reaching it, we will have to be very strict about the rules - at least initially, until we can give the class a good headstart in the right direction.

I hope that makes sense......
It does to me

Their money invested...
Their time invested...
Their rule book...

I have no problem with any of it, I can race it or not, simple, too simple really.

I hope it has the desired affect of tight racing v$. an all out hor$e power war, and I get why its Rhino & R1 only.

They have to start somewhere, a baseline if you will, and once the class takes off then maybe they can take what they have learned to include other makes of UTV's & engines.

Make exclusions to allow this motor or that chassis before they get their feet on the ground, control is lost and the class fails....which after reading all the threads on this topic makes me wonder if thats not what is really motivating some people.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
MrPat, yes you can! :) If anyone has a Gear One set-up already, it will definitely save some $$.....

Thanks again for those who understand and support what we are trying to do.....we have the best of intentions for the racers, and we will do our best to make this a fun class while still holding true to the main focus of what we are trying to accomplish.

We will be out at Firebird today, and Speedworld tomorrow, if anyone wants to drop by and chat! :)

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I can def agree with time, but apparantly they do not want to come on here and read suggestions and reply.
They have already answered the questions, its the same ones being asked and suggestions being made over and over. I don't like some of the rules, but hell....at least there trying!!

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
It does to me

Their money invested...
Their time invested...
Their rule book...

I have no problem with any of it, I can race it or not, simple, too simple really.

I hope it has the desired affect of tight racing v$. an all out hor$e power war, and I get why its Rhino & R1 only.

They have to start somewhere, a baseline if you will, and once the class takes off then maybe they can take what they have learned to include other makes of UTV's & engines.

Make exclusions to allow this motor or that chassis before they get their feet on the ground, control is lost and the class fails....which after reading all the threads on this topic makes me wonder if thats not what is really motivating some people.
that is exactly what will happen down the road if it not setup up front. then there will be less changes and hassles for anyone later.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
K.I.S.S. Start small, work your way up. SR1 here we come!!!!

If other people start doing swaps in other vehicles and there are enough of them other classes will be developed. Simple as that. Until then support what Weller is trying to do.

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
Lets get on with the show allready, To me there is no more word wars on what should be and shouldn't be. Hell to the yaa corry lets get this class up and I will see you and others on the track, And we will finally show what a rhino can do with the right horsepower. I Give up it for Yamaha,corry,rog, and any other rhino that is holding on to platform of the yamaha rhino.

AZCourt

Feb 11, 2009
I'll have a motor by the end of next week if all goes as planned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000