SR1, whos bulding one?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I had a little chat with Mr. Rockstar 99 Kyle LeDuc last night and it looks as if his rhino is coming out of retirement with a Weller SR1....He is going to fill me in on the details after he completes his preperation for the Lucas Oil Shootout at Lake Elsinore on the 11th and 12th.

This got me thinking, how many are building and planning on racing in the SR1 Class? Here is the list I can compile based off of conversation and hear say

1. Corry Weller, the OG SR1
2. Mike Valentine cls78 (grandfathered into the SR1 class and will be required to disconnect some linkage and what not)
3. Ben WildEarp Build in progress and can be followed here on UTVUG!
4. Bobby VanBeekum aka BOBONTHIS
5. MotoGary Thompson at Weller NOW!
6. Kyle LeDuc confirmed without confirming that the red Direct Concepts 99 Yamaha Rhino will be gettng an SR1 transplant!
7. Bronco Dan Kelley (I think Bobby told me he was going to build one?)

WHO ELSE? I know there is many more!!????

I jacked these pics from KJSmith who got to go by Weller the other day!!!

bobbys new sr1

four seater sr1

Gary Thompsons SR1

Last edited:

motogary2

The Blue Bomber - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 14, 2009
riverside ca
I had a little chat with Mr. Rockstar 99 Kyle LeDuc last night and it looks as if his rhino is coming out of retirement with a Weller SR1....He is going to fill me in on the details after he completes his preperation for the Lucas Oil Shootout at Lake Elsinore on the 11th and 12th.

This got me thinking, how many are building and planning on racing in the SR1 Class? Here is the list I can compile based off of conversation and hear say

1. Corry Weller, the OG SR1
2. Mike Valentine cls78 (grandfathered into the SR1 class and will be required to disconnect some linkage and what not)
3. Ben WildEarp Build in progress and can be followed here on UTVUG!
4. Bobby VanBeekum aka BOBONTHIS
5. MotoGary Thompson at Weller NOW!
6. Kyle LeDuc confirmed without confirming that the red Direct Concepts 99 Yamaha Rhino will be gettng an SR1 transplant!
7. Bronco Dan Kelley (I think Bobby told me he was going to build one?)

WHO ELSE? I know there is many more!!????

I jacked these pics from KJSmith who got to go by Weller the other day!!!

bobbys new sr1

four seater sr1

Gary Thompsons SR1

NICE TO SEE THE CAR WITH A R1 IN IT CANT WAIT WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE FAB WORK

Last edited by a moderator:

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I'm not going to. I have a 2007 R-1 motor package for sale now. Pretty sure Lucas is gonna add the class without the restricted rules though. Bobby has one, but cant race 2 cars at one time.

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Mines coming along.. Slowly. I only have one shortcourse race on the car, and as it was built for desert mostly, so I still have a lot of work to make it competetive after finishing the SR1 install. Can't wait to get out there racing ASAP though!

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I'm done. Time for my boy now. Looked at a nice go kart today, gonna go pay for it tomorrow. All the strong parts from my race rhino going on the family truckster.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Is anyone else able to build the r1 swaps or just weller? For this new class purpose not play!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
To meet SR1 class specs you have to use Wellers motor mount kit ($300), the rest can be your parts. I choose to run the whole Weller kit, as it made it really easy and fast to install with little fab needed
Thanks was just curious. Never been a fan of a racing series requiring the use of one manufactures stuff but a 300 dollar part is very minor.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
To meet SR1 class specs you have to use Wellers motor mount kit ($300), the rest can be your parts. I choose to run the whole Weller kit, as it made it really easy and fast to install with little fab needed
that will depend on the series that host the race. It may appear that the r1, open 1000 cvt and rotax swaps will be in one class in one series next year.:)

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
anybody building a new chassis for an sr1 that might have a rhino race chassis for sale? i am in the process of building one but gonna keep my eyes open for a complete chassis in the mean time. so if you have one or know someone that does, let me know. thanks!

and i cant wait to see the new class when loors comes to utah next year!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
that will depend on the series that host the race. It may appear that the r1, open 1000 cvt and rotax swaps will be in one class in one series next year.:)
Well, that would be too bad.....an open class defeats the entire purpose of trying to start a drivers class for UTV's for once. Our talks with LOORRS have actually been going very well.....

I like the idea behind what a spec class is, and why it's developed. I like way that it evens up the entire field - but we also didnt' want to limit who makes what chassis, etc. Hence, this class is a "spec" class without actually being a spec class.....there are ways to keep the cars identical in performance and power without limiting who the builder is. :)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
anybody building a new chassis for an sr1 that might have a rhino race chassis for sale? i am in the process of building one but gonna keep my eyes open for a complete chassis in the mean time. so if you have one or know someone that does, let me know. thanks!

and i cant wait to see the new class when loors comes to utah next year!
We had four SR1's out at Speedworld this past weekend - it was awesome seeing them all fly by!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000