Yamaha STEERING QUICKENER

ParaPros Racing

parapros racing
Jun 27, 2009
sun city CA
i used that same one u guys are talking about but and i found a better
way to do it there is a company in ca. called BMW not the cars
and this guy sells a sick ass steering race rack that is 1.5 to 1
i have it on my pre runner rhino and it works so good that is the best way to go and it is so easy to install.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Anyone have input on how much is too much? I currently am 1.5 turns lock to lock. 2:1 would be great for me in the low speed sharp turns but not sure if it would end up twitchy or hard to control on the high speed sections.

odtodd1az

Apr 30, 2009
Glendale AZ
We use 2:1 in the desert cars. (both RZRs) 3/4 turn lock to lock.
If I had the money to put power steering in front of it I would. Low speed is like turning a truck. At speed its easy. real nice when you go hard into a corner while at full speed. You don't have to hand over hand to control the slide, just easy movements makes a lot of correction.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Thank you, that is very helpful. Mine is a rzr as well. If you can run it in the desert then I should not have any problems in my xc races. Very few high speed sections. I intend to add the quickner & powersteering at the same time. Don't think I could make it through a race without the power assist with much more steering effort.

Currently, I am constantly "hand over hand". I need to catch the edges left by the quads to get this thing to turn, but sometimes I can't get the wheel turned fast enough to catch the edges on the inside of tight turns. Figure this can really help with that & should make a noticeable improvement in lap times.

Thanks, Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000