All UTV's Sv1000 swap! i got the ball rolling

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
Well I finally decided to do it ! I ordered a sv1 kit from weller. Jason said it would take a few weeks to get it tho. I went with his +2 upright instead of his hubs. He is going to make me some custom axles that will allow me to use my stock outer cvs which will slow me to keep the outboard brakes on my 08. He says this will hold up and he knows his stuff. I also ordered his clutch kit, fuel pump with regulator, and throttle cable. I have a motor found I should pick up in a week or so that comes with motor, sprockes, shifter,harness , all ele ctronics,gauges, air box, throttle boddies, and full exhaust with yoshi slipons. So I think I have most aspects coverd if yall see something I'm missing or a better idea or just helpful input please share. I will post pics when I get parts and start! There is another member (sv1000rhino) who is about to start the same swap so any info will be greatly appreciated by both of us. There's tons of threads on r1 builds but none or not many on a sv build so maybe this will help others like us in the future! Thanks guys!

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
put a deposit on the motor today my dads picking it up next week or the following one when he goes to colorado. i got it from steele cycle they have good prices on car kits i got the motor, shifter, guage, gauge harness, wiring harness, all electronics, all the exhaust which is yoshi, throttle bodies, airbox, oil cooler and i think thats it i might be missing somthing but all that for 1825 i thought that was a steal and those guys are super helpful! there in englewood, Co

only 4500 miles on motor to

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
That is a good deal. I got my 2009 R-1 for 4K from superbikes with all that stuff. Are you going to race it in the DSR1 class? Bike motors are doing great in the desert.

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
Yea I thought so to! And no those races are to far for me. I live in Oklahoma mine will be mainly for the dunes and maybe some super MOTO races or mx races

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
Well i got most of it tore down! i just need to pull the motor out now and it will be ready for all the new stuff. my dad went to colorado yesterday so he should pick upo the motor today or tommorow and he will be back on sunday! so i can start gettin that all sorted out then its a waiting game for about 2 weeks on my suspension and weller kit. i will try to post some pics tonight

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
well my dad got back today with my motor, but besides that no more progress... im done till i get some parts hopefully i get teh suspension this week! here are some pics!

mx_racer_36

Jun 21, 2010
well guys heres a little progress i have set my motor in the rhino to start my wiring while im waiting on my mounts i have lengthened my gauge harness and my rectifire 6 and half feet, i mounted the rectifire in the stock rhino location i have wired around the kickstand switch and the clutch switch and got it to the point where you hit the start button and the motor will crank, so next i moved on to the fuel system. I made a bracket to go under the driver seat, and mounted my fuel pump and regulator on it. I mounted the regulator at a angle so it can be read lookin down when you pull the seat out. Now dont hate on my fab work lol i had the bright idea to do this swap at my house and not our shop and the was find but then i decided to swap suspension so at the moment i cant move the rhino so i cant take it to the shop where the plasma, mig welder, ect.... is lol so i just brought our service truck and did it true farm boy style! lol tailgate, stick welder, torch and grinder! i left the duck tape and baylin wire out on this project lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000