Ter-x

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
Terex

Hi I'm building a samauri into a teryx ,CA utv laws made me go this route it would have Probally been a lot Cheaper, and way less work just to buy a sxs.. But the no rear seat law, having to wear helmets, no child car seats, children's feet having to be flat on the stock floor Board when seat belted in etc..... did not work for my new family mainly my son..

I really liked JoeyD23 fatrod build so (thanks for giving me alot of inspiration), and wanted my build to be low fat and wide but be able to fit 6 foot tall people. Be able to get parts anywhere and for it to be safe and ride nice.

Hopefully no one gets mad if its not utv enough for the utv club:screwy:

Last edited:

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
This is BADA$$!!!!!! Sweet rig you have setup there... A good way around the "laws" and probably cheaper than buying a 4 seat teryx.... How does it handle? What have you done suspension wise?

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
right on dude!!! Cool build!! Break it down in a build thread for us.. cool concept!
Like I said did not know if it was utv enough for this site... I have some build pics I could post

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
This is BADA$$!!!!!! Sweet rig you have setup there... A good way around the "laws" and probably cheaper than buying a 4 seat teryx.... How does it handle? What have you done suspension wise?
It would probally cheaper than a 4 seat teryx if I don't count the tube Bender,welder,plasma cutter, tools and I know we can't count man hours lol.. I would have went with the 4 seat utv if it would of worked for my family. I could have bought a new 4 seat teryx if I worked Getting paid instead working on this...

It has king 2.0 resi shocks with FOA bumps in the back.front is king quadruple bypass resi shocks two comp two rebound springs are stock about 11-12 inches of travel on a good day.

It handled good overall after tuning the bypasses(I was amazed how tuneable they are) I need a pro to adjust them tho.. but the bumps got stuck up, I may have over tightened them in the cans. So it was hitting the bumpstops rock hard on the whoops etc..

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
Is that bad boy street legal?
No its not, sort of kept it in mind during the build, it would need windshield and turn signals Dot headlights and to pass smog. I put a Weber Carb and header,full exhaust after it had a "high performance rebuild".. CA smog sucks but I may make it street. Legal once its close to done and all tested...

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
That is sweet! I love home built rods! The only thing it lacks is some rock gouges:D If someone says this site has people that turn chin up to fabricated rides they should look at half of the rides people run here. Keep the pictures coming man, hope to see you out and around:D

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
That is sweet! I love home built rods! The only thing it lacks is some rock gouges:D If someone says this site has people that turn chin up to fabricated rides they should look at half of the rides people run here. Keep the pictures coming man, hope to see you out and around:D
Its more build for glamis, dumont,and pismo dunes maybe some desert. I think it maybe a lil low for rocks and it still has open diffs. I am planing on going to KOH this year tho.:D No one has said anything negitive or that's not a utv on this site at all. But I was on pirate4x4 and answered a question about daily driving on 40's since I do and they got all sad and butt hurt about it not being a 4x4 and said go to rdc or desertrangers.. I have found alot of info,ideas and tips on here that I didn't on other sites so I didn't want to step on someones toes or be disrespectful of the site.:)

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013

My dad came out and got it Stuck the only time so far seeing how slow he could go 10feet from camp.... it was a good test came out with a shovel:D

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
Hey Slacker!!!! I think we should get a couple of these going!!!! This is one of the coolest rides I've seen.... Joey, maybe he'll let RJ do a film session in this beast????

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
That thing is cool!!! I have been looking for a new project and that would get past my Anti-Authority mentality of wearing a helmet!:D

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I Like challenges.... Being that we wouldn't need a body, I may or may not know of 2.... They made a lot of these, shouldn't be too hard to find ;)

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, I think RJ and the film crew could make it look good but it would need alot of special effects lol maybe a green screen and cut out that Polaris monster and paste this in.... you have to rember my T-Rex is heaver than all of the stock utvs not sure about the weight of the true 4seat utvs tho. Stock it probably has 65 HP.

The Sammy's are geting harder to find and costing more n more. You might want to look into the sidekick or tracker if you are trying to keep it street legal the 16valve has almost double the HP from what I hear and fuel injection and will pass smog easyer. But has independent strut front suspension..
the stock Carb and smog equitment is crazy on the Sammy's.

nbk9nbk

Jun 26, 2013
That thing is cool!!! I have been looking for a new project and that would get past my Anti-Authority mentality of wearing a helmet!:D
I could not agree more...my son could not support a Dot approved helmet for a long period of time. And I don't want to wear one in glamis or the desert heat cruising to the hill. I don't like my freedom of choice taken away either:mad: Its funny that dirt bike riders aren't required to wear a helmet in CA....but most do to be safe most people can make the right choice. That being said there is definitely a time and place to wear helmet:thumbup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000