Kawasaki Teryx cable shirter kit????

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Who sells a cable shift conversion for the teryx? I have seen some carnage where the teryxs pops out of gear while jumping, hitting big woops and such. Where can I buy the cable conversion kit?

Thanks!!

FBT

Jim I don't know of a conversion kit, but I am probably going to move the shifter tower from it's current mounting position to have it completely attached to the engine, that way it'll move with the engine as it moves on the mounts, and not have the rod pulling and pushing on the shift arm every time you hit a bump.
A cable shifter would be cool, if you find one let me know.

rabbid monkeyz

Oct 11, 2010
all you really need to do is notch the the shift spot for hight a little bit, so the shifter can wiggle forward and back a little bit so while in drive you dont bend the adjuster rod, thats what i did to mine and it works great.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
jim i never heard of a shirter kit ..hmmmm. talk to chad about what they did to keenans old race teryx they did some machining on some internal parts because everytime he would jump it would come out of gear ...

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Funco makes a brace kit for the shifter to keep it fronm going out of adjustment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
The tower is very weak as we all know and this allows the play to pull it half way out of gear and "split" the cases.

The best thing to do is brace the shifter assembly to the engine so it moves as one piece. I have spoken with Scott at XMF, Funco, etc and the consensus is that bracing works great. At one time there was a cable system available but it was overpriced compared to the bracing and it brought other adjustment issues to the table. Here is how mine was done. Pretty easy and cheap. The flat bar bolting to the belt inspection cover simply bolts to a tab that is welded on the passenger side of the shifter assembly. You can build it in about 30 min and it works great. Wish I had a better pic but hope this helps.

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
I used a marine throttle cable. Searched on line and ordered the cable length I needed. Seems to work great. I don't have any pictures sorry.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The tower is very weak as we all know and this allows the play to pull it half way out of gear and "split" the cases.

The best thing to do is brace the shifter assembly to the engine so it moves as one piece. I have spoken with Scott at XMF, Funco, etc and the consensus is that bracing works great. At one time there was a cable system available but it was overpriced compared to the bracing and it brought other adjustment issues to the table. Here is how mine was done. Pretty easy and cheap. The flat bar bolting to the belt inspection cover simply bolts to a tab that is welded on the passenger side of the shifter assembly. You can build it in about 30 min and it works great. Wish I had a better pic but hope this helps.

Thank you for all the responces!!. I think this is the angle I am going to take, Bobby you dont happen to have another picture of the other end of your support brace do you?

Scott@XMF

XMF Pit Slave - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 23, 2009
Phx
We have made a cable shifter kit for Bobby's and Austins Teryx, Mike lasher and Jon Crowley have one they Run $425.00

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Thank you for all the responces!!. I think this is the angle I am going to take, Bobby you dont happen to have another picture of the other end of your support brace do you?

I will gladly take you one. I can do it this evening and I will get it posted. This simple fix will keep your cases together.

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
We have made a cable shifter kit for Bobby's and Austins Teryx, Mike lasher and Jon Crowley have one they Run $425.00

Looks like there is one available now. XMF has great products so now you have another option. Way to go XMF!

rupert14

Jan 14, 2010
Sorry the pic took a while. It is now a bit different than the original because we are no longer running the clutch cover. Mine runs directly under a breather tank tu help support it. If you are not doing that, you can run it directly to the bolt hole without turning it down at the end. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000