Kawasaki Teryx goes 8 miles and valves are out of adjustment. HELP

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
we tried the evans coolant on our rzr it would not work for us. The water pump would not pump enough thick fluid fast enough to cool it down. yes we used it on the hottest race of the year and it wouldn't cool the motor down but it didnt boil over. Good old distilled water with a little coolant kept the motor cool.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
UPDATE:

Weller was able to get the motor back together and going great. We picked it up at 8:30 last night. Weller stayed open and worked till then to get us our car back. The heads were totally rebuilt, including new valve seats etc. I am much more confident about the SS300 race now. I am off at 12:00 today to load for the race so we are going testing for a bit before we throw it in the trailer. I want to have at least 50 miles on it before we race. If it has any more problems, I will be taking my back up car which is a rhino. See you tech.

I want to publically thank Weller for getting this done so fast. I dropped it off Monday, and got it back wednesday

hey Rupert14, If you don't mind me asking, What is the wheel and tire combo you are running and how do you like them? Thanks

I am the king of flat tires and broken wheels. I now run Hyper 3 piece wheels, the heavier desert series, not the short course series. I also run 8 ply 27.5" Pit Bull tires and tire balls. Because of the 8 plies and tire balls, I do not run a spare unless the pits are more than 50-60 miles apart. If the terrain is really rough, I will throw one on. For the SS300, I am going without one but I will have a spare and chase truck at every pit. I like them so far, but I have not gotten a lot of time on them yet. They are heavy, but not as heavy as all the stuff to change a flat

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Good to hear your up and going, sometimes bad things happen for a reason. I get very nervous when everything goes too smooth leading up to a race.

I know what you mean. Then again, nothing has been smoothe for me since I started racing BITD. Let's hope that changes this weekend. My carbs were running fat at WOT so after a couple jet changes, I hope to be able to do more than low 70's. This is a fast course.

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Bobby, Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Good luck with the new engine and good luck in the race. Go show em' what that Teryx is made of!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000