Kawasaki Teryx LT Compendium

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
you going to do dual rate Jim??

oh by the way that looks bad ass!
No, Not a dual rate at this time....Some how fox accidentally sent out the wrong springs. The rear tower will look similar so a bed delete is a must...however...on Justin's teryx he actually had to build the tower up and over the fuel cell.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I was at Cognito Last night helping Justin out with the Teryx...heres a sneak peek of the front shock tower, Fox sent the wrong springs somehow so they are way short....but we put them on anyways just to see if they were going to be stiff enough to hold the car off the ground. The shock are going to be 8 1/2 stroke Fox position sensitive.

For you weight continence people the front tower weight 8 pounds and the shocks look like they are only going to be maybe4 0r 5 pounds more each.
That Looks bitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! My question is and may be stupid , do you get more travel with that. Those front balljoints only move so much!!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
That Looks bitchen!!!!!!!!!!!! My question is and may be stupid , do you get more travel with that. Those front balljoints only move so much!!
The tie rod ends only allow so much travel...Its not to give you more travel...The goal with this set up was to use the new position sensitive shock...basicly the closer you get to bottoming the car the stiffer your shocks get...They are supposed to be the shit....Guess we will see very soon

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
The tie rod ends only allow so much travel...Its not to give you more travel...The goal with this set up was to use the new position sensitive shock...basicly the closer you get to bottoming the car the stiffer your shocks get...They are supposed to be the shit....Guess we will see very soon
makes sense, but that does look bitchen.....ok todd from hrt where mine I have been askin!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
lets get back on this boys!!! Post up, get your favorite LT manufacturer to come let us know whats up!!

Some things to put in:

Arm Construction: Boxed - Tube - is it Chromoly or?

Components: Uniball Both Upper Lower - Ball Joints Upper Lower - Uniball/Ball Joint combo

Shock Towers: Front and Back - Just Front - Just Back - None

Width: +3 - +5 - +6

Length: +2 Forward - +2 Back - Both - None

Shocks: ANY - Fox - Walkers - King - Elka - Other

Suspension Travel: Front________ - Rear________

Include details you feel are important such as if the shocks provided are pre valved for the kit, if the kit carries a warranty, manufacturer of reccomended axles/cv's, and anything else you feel important for a consumer to know.

just copy and paste the above and fill it in!

At the end of this thread I will compile all the manufacturers posts into one thread so everyone can refer to it for info......this way I can edit out the banter....LOL

Scott@XMF

XMF Pit Slave - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 23, 2009
Phx
Specifications:
Arms are 5†wider than stock per side
Wheelbase - + 0†forward + 1 1/4†back
Camber adjustable - up to 2 degrees in the front arms
Wheel travel 15.5†Front and 15†Rear
Shocks - Walker Evan remote reservoir 16 way adjustable
Billet aluminum reservoir mounts
Axles - XMF 4340 Heat Treated