Kawasaki Teryx T4 recalled, now what do i do this summer?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Kawasaki recalled my T4 due to steering rack and brake issues. the letter stated do not drive this unit untill a dealer has replaced the defective parts.

now i appreciate them taking the lead but i WANNA RIDE!!!!!!!!!! i have a trip planned for the middle of august and wanted to do a few desert night rides this summer also.

now i have to park it. friggin frustrating!!!!!!!

anyone have a loaner i can use this summer? Hey Joey D can i come pick one out of your stable?

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I would just ride. We have a mammoth trip lined up the end of the month and we won't be leaving the t4 at home :)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I don't want to ignore what Kawi is telling you Mike but not one person that I know of who owns a T4 (theres a few of them) have never had a problem. If I had to assume I would say a very small amount of owners have really experienced a problem. Knowing Kawi they had a handful of failures and to be safe and smart are fixing all of them. I say run it!!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I don't want to ignore what Kawi is telling you Mike but not one person that I know of who owns a T4 (theres a few of them) have never had a problem. If I had to assume I would say a very small amount of owners have really experienced a problem. Knowing Kawi they had a handful of failures and to be safe and smart are fixing all of them. I say run it!!
i will more than likely run it but with only me in it for a couple of night rides before my camping trip in mid august with the family.

i will be very nervous untill its fixed though. If kawi put out this recall they did it for a reason.

Zerofield

Pit Junky - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 13, 2009
Arizona
i beat the hell out of one (not mine either) pre running for King of the Hammers and had no problems at all besides not enough power on the lake beds...

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i have driven mine hard too, and to think i could have lost steering and crashed bad is scary. I want to say this will not happen to me but you never know what will happen. It just sucks that i cannot go out and have fun.

I hope the fix comes soon, but the possible failure will always be in the back of my mind, even after it is fixed. I know shit happens during everything i do and i guess thats the thrill we all look for.

"drive fast and take chances", whats the worst that could happen i die while doing something i love? but puting my girls in danger is not what i want to do. so i will just run it with me only and keep it a a safe speed with the girls in it.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
great news i will have to call the dealer in a couple of weeks to get it scheduled to drop off. but that puts me right at my Aug 16th trip. Maybe i will wait for the dealer to do a few recalls before mine just to make sure they know what they are doing.

KEN1

Mar 14, 2011
Mesa, AZ.
Tell the dealer about your trip and maybe they will bump you up in line.Tell them your trip cost you big $$$.Sometimes you have to light a fire under these dealers asses to get them moving.

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Kawasaki recalled my T4 due to steering rack and brake issues. the letter stated do not drive this unit untill a dealer has replaced the defective parts.

now i appreciate them taking the lead but i WANNA RIDE!!!!!!!!!! i have a trip planned for the middle of august and wanted to do a few desert night rides this summer also.

now i have to park it. friggin frustrating!!!!!!!

anyone have a loaner i can use this summer? Hey Joey D can i come pick one out of your stable?
Did they give you a better idea on what they are doing?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Did they give you a better idea on what they are doing?
parts are supposed to hit dealers in mid August and i need to schedule an appointment to have them installed. Kawi is also starting my 6 month warranty after the replacement parts are installed.

not a bad deal but it sucks not to have an operating ride in my garage.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
It's pretty commendable that Kawasaki is doing the recall to this extent. Not every manufactures would do it that's for sure. This is the kind of thing that makes a guy put them on the list of wheelers to look at for the next purchase. Especially rolling the warranty up like that, pretty nice......

KEN1

Mar 14, 2011
Mesa, AZ.
I'm always ready for a Saturday night ride.I want to do the Lake Pleasant to Crown King run at night.Hit the saloon up in Crown King,have a beer and a steak,then ride back down at 1am.All my riding friends are married now and cant get permission from their wives to ride anymore.I'd rather kill myself then get married again!:D

al8apex

Oct 17, 2009
Hi Guys, Most dealers should have your recalled steering racks and calipers now or any day now. We got all of ours on Tuesday 8-7-12 in Casa Grande Az..

We had no complaints and I have over 500 miles on my personal T4 with no issues.. They must have found something on long term testing to do this type of recall.

Nick
Adrenalin Motorsports Kawasaki

Desertcat

Jun 1, 2012
Arizona
Hi Guys, Most dealers should have your recalled steering racks and calipers now or any day now. We got all of ours on Tuesday 8-7-12 in Casa Grande Az..

We had no complaints and I have over 500 miles on my personal T4 with no issues.. They must have found something on long term testing to do this type of recall.

Nick
Adrenalin Motorsports Kawasaki
Hey Nick,
How do you like your T4?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000