Time for BITD to MOVE UTV Start w/ ALL 4 Wheel Vehicles

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
We were given a proximity alarm that would let us know that a TT or high speed vehicle was closeing on us and vice versa at contingency by IRC...but no batteries at contincency and they said they'd be at the start in the moprning. We never saw IRC or did get batteries from them...thus it never worked...any body either get or not get batteries from IRC?
I gave Marc batteries for the proximity alarm before he "crossed the fence of no return" at the starting line. It didn't matter, because when he went to install them, the metal contacts that the batteries push against were gone on one side!:eek:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I'm just guessing here, but if the UTE's started with the four wheel vehicles, they would be finishing after midnight, therefore, requiring the pemit in which BITD races under be extended for another day perhaps, and most likely, at substantial additional costs. If the latest cutoff time for the race is midnight Friday or earlier, well then, there's your answer. It would be a shame if that is the case(y), because it would be indicative that BITD profits are taking priority over the safety of the participants. There is a reason why the starting order is as it is, even though a majority vote of the two or three classes adversely affected by the starting order would show that most are against it. That's my 100,000 pennies!

If that's the case start TT, Class 1 and so on at 5:45am. Put bikes, quads and UTV after with a midnight cut off.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I don't think they are bumping on purpose. I think the hard smashes we saw this race was because how fast the trucks could go on this course. A TT or Class 1 is running 30 to 40 mph faster than a UTV. The UTV kicks up major dust. I could see a truck charging hard in the dust of a UTV no knowing it's a UTV. Once they see it's a slow moving vehicle (it's too late).

I agree. I heard that the refresh rates for the trackers is 60 hz. That's once every second, and a RDZRT poster (Weyrich, I believe) said that the TT's travel 80 feet in one second. We were about 25-35 feet off course when we were hit at RM 443, so the math says there was nothing the #19 TT could have done, other than begin slowing down sooner when approaching slower vehicles. It's a race. A race they would have no chance of winning if they had to slow so far in advance. The ball is clearly in Casey's hands on this one.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
That vid green just posted was pretty funny. I think you should read his reply to you Reid. Eff these guy there take it with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I made my last post on RDZRT a few days ago. The majority of those guys are keyboard bullies, and when opportunity strikes, so do they. I told one guy, "F-you (But I spelled it out, because I was so pissed), and the editor replaced it with, "I didn't pass high school". That seems consistent with the flack I get in that forum. These are the reasons Marc doesn't post. Your point will not be heard by people with earplugs in. They even went as far as to blame our car for the Herbst incident at RM 443, even after seeing the proof I posted on how far off course we were when we were hit. I'll add them here now, as to clarify the incident.

In the pic with the Monster Mav in the background on the right upper middle of the shot, you can see the point of impact. It is in the front center of the pic. Yes, we were stopped when we got hit, and the impact from the collision punted our car, TT attached, at least 75 feet forward from the point of impact. In the pic with Marc standing there, you can see the tire marks on the ground by Marcs feet where the TT pulled back off of our car, and conversely, you can see in the distance the point of impact. Lucky for Marc, he races in a tank!

Attachments

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I made my last post on RDZRT a few days ago. The majority of those guys are keyboard bullies, and when opportunity strikes, so do they. I told one guy, "F-you (But I spelled it out, because I was so pissed), and the editor replaced it with, "I didn't pass high school". That seems consistent with the flack I get in that forum. These are the reasons Marc doesn't post. Your point will not be heard by people with earplugs in. They even went as far as to blame our car for the Herbst incident at RM 443, even after seeing the proof I posted on how far off course we were when we were hit. I'll add them here now, as to clarify the incident.

In the pic with the Monster Mav in the background on the right upper middle of the shot, you can see the point of impact. It is in the front center of the pic. Yes, we were stopped when we got hit, and the impact from the collision punted our car, TT attached, at least 75 feet forward from the point of impact. In the pic with Marc standing there, you can see the tire marks on the ground by Marcs feet where the TT pulled back off of our car, and conversely, you can see in the distance the point of impact. Lucky for Marc, he races in a tank!

I spoke with the big dog at RDC. I asked how the mods handle edits and stuff. He said there is database of funny quotes that automatically change bad words. It's not meant to offend people.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I spoke with the big dog at RDC. I asked how the mods handle edits and stuff. He said there is database of funny quotes that automatically change bad words. It's not meant to offend people.

Thanks Rusty, that's good to know. I'm a ''glass half empty'' kind of guy, so I assumed it was malicious
. I'm still done posting there. Too many animosities and asinine accusations flying around towards UTV's. I'd rather share my many thousands of hits over here, where people actually listen and exchange functional dialogue. I think some of your members with whom I rubbed the wrong way last year with all of my boasting, are honestly giving me a second chance! I love finding reasons to believe in people.

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
I finally edited all the TT passes from V2R, we were stopped at pit 5 for 3hrs working on the car, the video is from RM192-370 at pit 11.[ame]http://youtu.be/gByWXyUCaKQ[/ame]

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Dayum.... those TT flat out F-ing move ... it's insane how fast they're closing on you.... Thanks for vid, puts it more in perspective for me (as UTV fan, non-racer)... it's definitely a serious safety concern.

danishracer

Aug 24, 2014
finally edited all the TT passes from V2R, we were stopped at pit 5 for 3hrs working on the car, the video is from RM192-370 at pit 11

thanks for the Video, good communication by you guys!

Bret901

Team South 1922
Apr 4, 2013
Memphis TN
Yes, it took some research but I found a 12v adapter with a built in resistor that replaces the battery, audio input through the USB. Only problem is it created some static in the audio being hard wired to the car.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I finally edited all the TT passes from V2R, we were stopped at pit 5 for 3hrs working on the car, the video is from RM192-370 at pit 11.http://youtu.be/gByWXyUCaKQ
Really well done...I think you capture exactly the experience...and illustrate that the UTV's ARE watching our mirrors (as the intimidation/Fear factor is HUGE)...and that you can get caught very quickly and suddenly- you guys communicate clearly (and seem to have fun) and have a system that seems to work well being cautious to a fault- which isn't a bad thing when the alternative can get you killed. I do think that Casey needs to see the video..which I think is the norm amongst the vast majority of the not just UTV's, but all of the limited cars.. he also needs to see how that Trophy trunk NEVER did use the horn (you can clearly hear all the others that did) to give you a warning and just hit you blatantly...which is strictly forbidden by the rules!!!! (unlimted vehicles CAN NOT hit a Blue light vehicle) he should be penalized big time...Casey says it at every drivers meeting..but I do know that nothing is going to happen..this has been happening for years w/o any negative consequences. Now we are starting behind them, all of this is hopefully moot...we'll see. Again, a really good video.. we definitely will be adding audio to our Go-Pros very soon- as it adds a whole new dimension...some of your comments are priceless!

Thanks for taking the time to produce and share ... hope to see you guys at the Blue Water GP!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I finally edited all the TT passes from V2R, we were stopped at pit 5 for 3hrs working on the car, the video is from RM192-370 at pit 11.http://youtu.be/gByWXyUCaKQ
WOW!!! that video brings it all back to me. I also was hit with zero warning, no horn or siren,and it was an eye opener for sure.all the others I heard clearly.even when they do give you a warning you better be prepared to dive off the road no matter what or they will help you off the road.unfortunately the utv's cant just drive over everything in sight. we have to find a safe place to get out of their way without wrecking our stuff. yet they cant wait for that.now we get to play in 3 foot ruts and more monsterous silt beds. LOL . cant wait, it will be more fun.

Mike_Mc

Oct 7, 2013
The rear view camera's aren't very expensive. Obviously R Acer probably purchased very top of the line equip but the cheap EBAY ones work too. I put one on my prerunner to test it before we put one in the race car. Screen placement is critical as well as type of display.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
Yes, it took some research but I found a 12v adapter with a built in resistor that replaces the battery, audio input through the USB. Only problem is it created some static in the audio being hard wired to the car.
Bret, would you mind sharing where you got that adapter? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000