TIred of failing CVT belts - What do you think of an Automated Manual Side by Side

Discussion in 'UTV Vehicle Builds - Show & Tell' started by Domenic DiMassa, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Domenic DiMassa

Domenic DiMassa New Member

Does any one have the capability to measure how fast they can shift the stock trans?? Measure engine speed or clutch and shifter position we dug right in and didn't measure this for comparison. Perhaps a slow mo I phone video of the driver shifting could be a crude way of base line time to beat.

2. Domenic DiMassa

Yamaha sled throttle!

Shift actuator location directly below oem shifter location

No clutch pedal!

Closing thing I have to rock crawling outside office park :)

It needs lower first gear ratio to do this better!!

3. Domenic DiMassa

Worlds first pure sport side by side offered by an oem with is pretty awesome!! Pretty excited how similar our projects turned out to what was debuted today as well!

Thanks to all the support forum guys I have been getting behind the scenes all of your input and suggestions is going directly into our system and hopefully into your hands.

Those of you who reached out will be getting a surprise insiders peak real soon watch your mailboxes:)

Also take a look at Tim Tollesons article called paddle shifter mania in utv action magazine for other oems who might be interested in doing something similar or even crazier

and stay tuned for a feature of the Bosch automated manual system in the inside scoop section of utv action in August

4. Domenic DiMassa

[​IMG]

Cage is done!! Can't wait to get this radiused powder coated cage from Bezerk motor sports installed!!

Thanks a million Jason!!

5. Domenic DiMassa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Jason from bezerk cage fits pretty good! Everybody likes it that came through the garage today!!

6. Domenic DiMassa

I got the launch control working. Just hold the brake floor the throttle to the floor 9000 rpm and then release the brake and clutch dumps and go! Alba heavy flywheel, Barnett clutch and power commander for the rev limiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. sackdz

sackdz New Member

Domenic all these vid links are broken... where's the business?

8. Domenic DiMassa

9. Domenic DiMassa

I'm not sure all the Vimeo links went down I have been posting to YouTube recently. When I get done video of the dyno tuning I'll put them up. I also can do a walk around with some of our new goodies!!

10. Domenic DiMassa

Been awhile but we have made some new developments. We are converting the Yamaha yxz1000 to a Bosch engine controller so we can have a better torque management during launch and shifts, updating the transmission control software with more intelligent shift map selection, and adding custom shocks with semi active damper controller( rebound and Compression controlled electronically). Here is the new engine controller roller running in the test bench.

11. Domenic DiMassa

we got the Yamaha running on the Bosch engine control!!