TIred of failing CVT belts - What do you think of an Automated Manual Side by Side

Oct 19, 2015
Does any one have the capability to measure how fast they can shift the stock trans?? Measure engine speed or clutch and shifter position we dug right in and didn't measure this for comparison. Perhaps a slow mo I phone video of the driver shifting could be a crude way of base line time to beat.

Oct 19, 2015

Yamaha sled throttle!

Shift actuator location directly below oem shifter location

No clutch pedal!

Closing thing I have to rock crawling outside office park :)

It needs lower first gear ratio to do this better!!

Oct 19, 2015
Worlds first pure sport side by side offered by an oem with is pretty awesome!! Pretty excited how similar our projects turned out to what was debuted today as well!

Thanks to all the support forum guys I have been getting behind the scenes all of your input and suggestions is going directly into our system and hopefully into your hands.

Those of you who reached out will be getting a surprise insiders peak real soon watch your mailboxes:)

Also take a look at Tim Tollesons article called paddle shifter mania in utv action magazine for other oems who might be interested in doing something similar or even crazier

and stay tuned for a feature of the Bosch automated manual system in the inside scoop section of utv action in August

Oct 19, 2015

Cage is done!! Can't wait to get this radiused powder coated cage from Bezerk motor sports installed!!

Thanks a million Jason!!

Oct 19, 2015

I got the launch control working. Just hold the brake floor the throttle to the floor 9000 rpm and then release the brake and clutch dumps and go! Alba heavy flywheel, Barnett clutch and power commander for the rev limiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 19, 2015
I'm not sure all the Vimeo links went down I have been posting to YouTube recently. When I get done video of the dyno tuning I'll put them up. I also can do a walk around with some of our new goodies!!

Oct 19, 2015

Been awhile but we have made some new developments. We are converting the Yamaha yxz1000 to a Bosch engine controller so we can have a better torque management during launch and shifts, updating the transmission control software with more intelligent shift map selection, and adding custom shocks with semi active damper controller( rebound and Compression controlled electronically). Here is the new engine controller roller running in the test bench.

Oct 19, 2015

We added rebound and compression control with suspension modes that can be switched via an app on your phone on the fly. You can also view the settings live on your phone.

The control has steering wheel angle and accelerometers for controls and ride height to help us with the calibration.

Oct 19, 2015
Been awhile since the last update, since our last demo we have made some good steps towards improving shift time and always gandling the gears to fit the situation.

Most of this is with new software for the engine controller and transmission controller.

The engine controller is getting tuned with in cylinder pressure sensors. It’s pretty killer set up. It allows us to look at cylinder pressure real time to optimize the spark advance.

This will allow us to have more accurate torque numbers when requested by the driver and the transmission.

With Bosch engine controllers on Polaris or-can am utvs the pedal requests a torque value not a throttle angle. So when the driver requests torque the engine controller tells how much throttle fuel and spark is needed to produce that. The more precise that is the better job we can do banging the gears when the transmission asks for torque reductions or torque increases for up and down shifts

Being able to automatically shift and shift sub 70 ms is our goal.

In addition to the Yamaha we went to SEMA to talk to optimum off-road mendeola transaxles and a few others about what’s next for utvs. Made some great connections and I’m looking forward to what’s coming in 2018!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000