To turbo or not to Turbo

hondaguy86

May 3, 2010
i work for madhouse motorsports, and he have put 3 webbers in, and i like the power, the lag isnt bad... it depends on what ur plans are, they are a hand full on the dirt, in the sand they are hard to beat. i just finished a 916 all motor and it has great torque, i mean they are to completly different motors, but the 916 seems to be more driver friendly. also cluching makes a huge differance in both of these setups. we run the billet two stage in both setups with different weights of course, i havent ran the 916 on the stock clutch yet but in the webber it is night and day, they pull really hard from bottom to top.... It all comes down to what you like to do more for track and dirt riding the 916 wont get you in trouble, but lacks the wow factor when it comes on.

130hp RZR-S

51mph up olds hill
Apr 7, 2009
murrieta, and glamis
if you turbo the poo motor, weld and pin the crank and add pistons, then you will have a good reliable 100hp motor. If you want more power and speed then go with a weber or new XP.

Ricochet

Ricochet Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
May 4, 2010
So Cal
well, most people that go to build the RZR motor, for the most part don't seem to get things matched up correctly and they else loose dependability or don't get the horsepower that can be made if done correctly, we sell, build and sell the 850,860,902 and 950cc Big Bore kits, we have our own Engine management system with AEM and now also have our own turbo kit, we have built many of these engines and supplied them to many customers, with great results, most recently the 850cc class was won for 2010 in the WORCS class and took first place car 515 Chris Ward he was using the 850cc Big Bore and won overall for the season, anyway it depends on what type of driving you want to do as to what setup to go with, if you are racing in a closed track you should go with a N/A motor not a turbo, if you want raw horsepower and want dunning? go with a turbo, just make sure you do a complete setup, Clutch,Engine, Engine management, the correct tires etc, and you can have one very fast RZR, we have tested all kinds of setup and know what works and what doesn't, there is a lot so called performance parts out there and if you don't set up the RZR correctly it will not perform. And just for the record you can make a turbo setup with no lag, it;s all about the correct clutching and building the engine right and most important you have to engineer the correct turbo for your build. Your welcome to contact us regarding any questions and if you like we have the dyno's sheets posted on our web site, we do make real horsepower! here is the link Ricochet Racing High Performance UTV and ATV Parts

Goodtimes

Jan 17, 2009
Ramona
Glad to see this thread come alive , now with the new XP900 out there , the people with the 09, 010, 011 will not want to take the big loss and trade in. they will probally look for what we are talkin about here.
this is getting interesting

rzrhall

Nov 21, 2010
odessa, tx.
So what ur saying is big bore kits have more all around uses than the turbo. I would like to to do one or the other myself.

Ricochet

Ricochet Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
May 4, 2010
So Cal
If you are adding it to a naturally asperiated engine the big bore adds a lot of down low horsepower, if you would like more information you can visit our web site at www.ricochetracing.com or contact us via email at [email protected] we would be glad to help you out.

RZRUAE

UAE #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2010
UAE,ALAIN
Turbo or Weber is the best way not to get smoked by an XP.

The Weber engine is very reliable engine because its built with a turbo,the stock engine is not worked for a turbo you need to add stuff to get it complete.If you sold your stock engine for 2000-3000$ your price tag is 8000-7000$.

Its matter of choice in the end both are good,you could push the Weber to its limit.
OR Z1 engine Swap From Wasteland Performance :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000