TORC Texas **UTV's ARE WELCOME!!!**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well it looks like its going to happen! TORC will be inviting UTV's to come race at the San Antonio, TX event on April 30th - May 1st, 2011!!!

They are encouraging bolt on style racers to come out and participate and race in front a packed crowd!! I will get more details ASAP but for now what I know is the entry fee will be $150.00 and they will have a 90% payback!!!! Pretty solid!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Think thats the weekend of BITD SS300. Gonna take some of the racers out of running there...

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Very cool opurntunity for guys like myself to get some time on a short course. Great stuff. Would love to see LOORS offer somthing like this someday..

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
I am only 25 miles from the track! My son used to race MX there often! Who do I contact about getting entered in this?
Gina and Mike at the track, or someone with torc???
David Mills
210-831-8764

Well it looks like its going to happen! TORC will be inviting UTV's to come race at the San Antonio, TX event on April 30th - May 1st, 2011!!!

They are encouraging bolt on style racers to come out and participate and race in front a packed crowd!! I will get more details ASAP but for now what I know is the entry fee will be $150.00 and they will have a 90% payback!!!! Pretty solid!

Attachments

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
ive raced there big ass jumps not a utv track!! my opinion!
I read they are building a track just for torc... This is what I gathered from the website (cycleranch) you are right about the MX track not being utv friendly, but I always roll the big jumps! You have to finish to win!!!

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
yeah but if i see a jump i wanna jump all of it not half!!!
Yea I know! But in my opinion this caused a lot of damage to several utvs and might be the reason why utv racing has fizzled out here in texas! At one time gulf coast quad racing was the only place to race! Then there was Stx-atv.com but they fizzeled out too!!!
Just my opinion!!!

Cheek

Texas Crazy Horse - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
Buffalo,Tx
well u half right!! the other guys didnt have the funds to race hard an then fix them back up for the next race. but yes if we had more tracks like west coast it would still be going on!

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Very cool opurntunity for guys like myself to get some time on a short course. Great stuff. Would love to see LOORS offer somthing like this someday..
Look into the Lucas Oil Regional Series. Race in AZ, and CA, and are separate series. They are designed for racers to get their feet wet with short course racing, and not not a huge budget to be competitive.
G-

2slow

Jan 11, 2011
man this may be fun...might try to get my brother to enter his rzr and ride with him. Any new information on this?

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
Nobody has contact info for this group? Making plans racing several places this year want to include my "hometown" track!!!

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
Well I got word from Tiffany with torc today... She informed me the pilots weren't "included" in the utv schedule? She didn't give a reaon, but I'm betting (I've been thru this before) the "one or two race a year" utv guys here in Texas didn't want an old guy and machine beating up on them in front of their sponsors!!! It's hard to go around getting sponorships renewed when you have to tell them a 22 year old HONDA beat them at the last race...
It's just sad these types seem to think they are all that, and this makes the second time these guys have kicked our class to the curb!!!
No worries for me, it just upsets the other guys wanting to race these affordable cars here locally! They have put in a lot of work to get their cars "legal" by the rules I use out west when I race. But then this bunch just goes and writes their own rules to exclude the Pilot Stadium lite's... These cars were what started this type of racing incase you are still too wet behind the ears to realize that!
Like I said No worries for me! I have already raced more this year than the "hero" racers here will race all year long, and I have a full schedule coming up!
Next weekend you can catch me at the California City FDL race put on by AVE
On March 30/April 1st I will be back to finish the Arizona Cup Grand Prix Series, (I am Currently in the lead points wise!)
Weekend of April 7th I will be racing with www.bajaracingtexas.com at the Blackwell 250! Last time I races at this place I took home 2 first place finishes... They haven't let me come back since... (Not the Ranch the Texas EDR bunch)
After this race I head back out to Arizona for the High Desert Challenge put on by Whiplash RacingOn weekends with NO desert racing I wil then take my desert built cars and give the Lucas Oil short course series a run for their money...

turbotexas

Jan 22, 2011
stop crying!!!! dang
You can call it what ever you like, I just called like I seen/heard it! The last utv race here in Texas (EDR) had 3 people show up to make an effort to race...
I'm just aggrevated that people expect someone to drop 20k to race here in Texas??? Those that have dropped that kind of money have made a foolkish desicion in my opinion! Where are they racing at? Hell I'd like to come watch!!!
I just want to race because I enjoy the competitiveness and the sport! I won't apologize for not having deep pockets to fund a $20,00 or better utv when I can spend 1/4 of that! Promotors want racers to come to a race so they can make a good event, but you have to have a low budget entry level, or no one will come...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000