Yamaha Trubo R1 Rhino

controled force

1004CC Turbo Tax - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
Here's some pics of my next project in the works,the power plant is a 06 R1,we just installed the motor & rear diff,next in line is making the header installing the turbo,mounting the intercooler ,radiator an last but not least a electric paddle shifter setup that will allow me to up shift an down shift threw the gears on the steering wheel.More pics to come

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
See he's fooling you. You all thought he was installing a Turbo.

Actually he's installing one of those Japanees Trubo's:D

keep the pics rolling. CF !!
Ya I just noticed that too. goofball!!

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca

Attachments

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
Is it so........you taking pics of your rhino and NO chubbs ??? WTF lol that thing is going to be sick ! when you think it is going to be done

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The header looks sweet. How much Frank?

Question, Is there any reason not to put the turbo right off the motor like this? This is kinda what I had in mind if I decided to do a turbo.

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
Is it so........you taking pics of your rhino and NO chubbs ??? WTF lol that thing is going to be sick ! when you think it is going to be done
LOL it was pretty cold when I rolled out to franks to take the pics,Chubbs didn't want to move from in front of the fireplace,,should be done in 2 or3 weeks,Franks haulin azz on this build!!
The header looks sweet. How much Frank?

Question, Is there any reason not to put the turbo right off the motor like this? This is kinda what I had in mind if I decided to do a turbo.
There's no reason why you couldn't do it that way,but with it being that low the oil drain from the turbo can't gravity feed it self back to the motor without some kind of oil pump,you still have to plumb the intake tube off the turbo out and around the motor an up into the the throttle body's,then you have to figure out where the exhaust is going to exit,so either way you decide ur going to have plumbing directed to the back an rear of the rhino.

controled force

Apr 8, 2009
Sac.Ca
The longer the exhaust header the more turbo lag your going to have:(
Sorry brotha,,,not true,there are turbo kits out there for cars that mount back at the rear of the car's bumper and it's plumbed all the way back to the motor sounds crazy but I saw one for a Vett,and they don't have turbo lag;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000