Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Re: It's Working!

Keep Those Emails Flying . . .

It is now a House Resolution!

All invited to rollout HR 1581 in Bakersfield

Written by [email protected] (Chris Horgan) on Apr 21, 2011 09:02 am

Legislation authored by Rep. Kevin McCarthy proposes to release millions of acres back to public use

I wanted to be sure to invite each of you to the rollout for HR 1581 Wilderness Study Area & Roadless Release Act, which will take place at Congressman McCarthy's office on April 29, 2011 from 9:45 am to 10:45 am, 4100 Empire Drive, Suite 150, Bakersfield, CA 93309.

This important bill was submitted to the house on April 15 and it will be vital that we show full support at the rollout and also by submitting letters of support.

A sample letter is available for download here . . . Wilderness Roadless Area Fax Template

I am unsure if the anti-groups may attempt to pack the room for the rollout, but it might be best to arrive a bit early to ensure being in the room, just in case. Please invite others to attend, especially those who live locally.

Hope you can attend the April 29 rollout in Bakersfield.

Click here to send your letter now from the ARRA site:
https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=277

Click here to send your letter now from the AMA site:
American Motorcyclist Association

How did the meeting go/turn out?

ZTFab

Zero Tolerance Fabrication - Official UTVUndergrou
Mar 25, 2009
Upland, ca
Done, Done , and Done!!!

BUMP!!!

Come on people...if you haven't done this DO IT!!!

Don't let them tell you how we get to use OUR land.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Please make a minute to take action urging your Rep to co-sponsor this very important Legislation!

We now have 26 co-sponsors but need more.

This Bill (H.R. 1581) is currently in Committee (Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands), has not “been reported by, or discharged from, the last committee authorized to consider it†and therefore your Representative can still become a co-sponsor.

It REALLY does not get any easier than this!!!

Here are three different two-minute action items to help get this done, they come pre-filled with comments but can be personalized too.

https://secure3.convio.net/arra/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=277

American Motorcyclist Association

Wilderness Roadless Area Fax Template

Link to Bill . . . H.R. 1581: Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)

Please give this a “Bump†for other forum members when you have taken ACTION!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Honorable Congressman Lungren:

Thank you for responding to the personally written email inquiry I sent to you with the nice form letter created by one of your staff personnel regarding Bill H.R. 1581, the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011. I appreciate the opportunity to hear generic excuses from my Public Servants about why they will not attend to the business of the people who employ them.

As you may know, H.R. 1581 would release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation and release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation.

As you may not be aware, this Bill (H.R. 1581) currently in Committee (Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands), has not “been reported by, or discharged from, the last committee authorized to consider it†and therefore you my Representative can still become a cosponsor.

So, I am writing again today to ask why you are not yet a cosponsor of H.R. 1581: Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011?

Yes, I know that you “do not serve on this Subcommittee“, but as you know that does not prevent you from becoming a cosponsor.

If you truly mean all you say in the informational “E-Newsletters†your office always sends to me about unemployment, Government out of control and other important issues then here is a chance to prove it to me and many other constituents of yours. I am sure you are aware that this Bill, if passed, would create jobs and help simulate our local economy, which is always one of your stated goals.

I look forward to finding you as a cosponsor of H.R. 1581 in the near future!

Sincerely,

My Crap Went Here

"Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from my constituents about what is important to them.

As you may know, H.R. 1581 would release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation and release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation.

H.R. 1581 has been referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources and the Committee on Agriculture. I do not serve on either committee; however, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should the legislation reach the House floor.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your views with me.

If you would like to stay informed about federal legislation introduced in the 112th Congress, as well as local issues that may interest you, please take a moment to subscribe to my weekly e-newsletter at www.lungren.house.gov.

I look forward to discussing this or any other issue affecting our 3rd Congressional District with you in the future. For upcoming Town Hall meetings, or for information on issues or legislation pending before Congress, please visit my website at www.lungren.house.gov. If you need assistance with a federal agency, please call my Gold River office at (916) 859-9906. My staff and I are always available to address your concerns, answer your questions, and listen to your ideas.

Sincerely,
Daniel E. Lungren
Member of Congress"

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Bob
I get almost word for word the same form letter from Defazio up here in Oregon...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: they can't even think for themselves
Yeah, it's SOP! I don't post 'em all up but I ALWAYS respond to them like I see it!!!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
H.R.1581 Moves on to Senate as S.1087 ???

It appears as though H.R.1581 may have made it out of the House though it cannot be determined at this time. A very similar Bill was introduced in the Senate as S.1087 yesterday (05/26/2011) sponsored by Senator Barrasso.

S. 1087: A bill to release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are... (GovTrack.us)

There are currently four cosponsors, time to multi-task and start firing off emails, letters and phone calls to our Senators too asking them to cosponsor this legislation.

The full text of the legislation is not available at this time nor does it have an official short title but something should be released early next week. The big guns in the Land Access fight should have a determination regarding what is going on and letter generators up shortly.

Kudos to those of you who have taken action and spent two minutes to fire off an email, letter or phone call urging your Representative to cosponsor the House Bill, folks who viewed this thread and have not acted NEED to on both Bills!!!

S.1087 : A bill to release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation from continued management as de facto wilderness areas and to release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation from the land use restrictions of the 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Final Rule and the 2005 State Petitions for Inventoried Roadless Area Management Final Rule, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Barrasso, John [WY] (introduced 5/26/2011) Cosponsors (4)
Committees: Senate Energy and Natural Resources
Latest Major Action: 5/26/2011 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
You can use text from one of the letter generators contained in this thread with a few changes to contact your Senator(s) on the Hill regarding S.1087

Find your Public Servants here . . . Members of Congress & U.S. Congressional District Maps - GovTrack.us

S. 1087, a Senate Bill identical to H.R. 1581: (the “Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011) was introduced in the Senate on 05/26/2011 sponsored by Senator Barrasso.
S. 1087: A bill to release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are... (GovTrack.us)

There are currently four cosponsors, time to start firing off emails, letters and phone calls to our Senators on the Hill asking them to cosponsor and support this legislation and the same with our our Reps in Congress regarding H.R.1581.

The full text of the legislation is not available at this time nor does it have an official short title but something should be released this week. The big guns in the Land Access/Rights battle should have a determination regarding what is going on and letter generators up shortly.

Kudos to those who have already taken action and spent two minutes to fire off an email, letter or phone call urging your Representative to cosponsor the House Bill H.R 1581.

Folks who haven’t done so yet, please make the time to weigh in with our Public Servants on both Bills urging them to cosponsor and support this important Legislation.

“S.1087 : A bill to release wilderness study areas administered by the Bureau of Land Management that are not suitable for wilderness designation from continued management as de facto wilderness areas and to release inventoried roadless areas within the National Forest System that are not recommended for wilderness designation from the land use restrictions of the 2001 Roadless Area Conservation Final Rule and the 2005 State Petitions for Inventoried Roadless Area Management Final Rule, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Sen Barrasso, John [WY] (introduced 5/26/2011) Cosponsors (4)
Committees: Senate Energy and Natural Resources
Latest Major Action: 5/26/2011 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.â€

Please give this post a “Bump†for other forum members when you’ve taken action on S. 1087!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
This item is important, takes a minute and if passed may benefit our sport . . . so what's stopping you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000