Utah - Sand Mountain, Utah State Parks and Recreation Developing RMP

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Utah - Sand Hollow, Utah State Parks and Recreation Developing RMP

Correction of Subject Title:

Originally Posted by Crowdog
"The RMP is actually for Sand Hollow dunes near Hurricane, not Little Sahara (Sand Mountain, UT)."

Sorry guys . . . .

***************************************************************************************

I posted this up on another site several days ago but since you folks seem interested in this area I thought I'd put it up here too.

Utah State Parks and Recreation is developing a resource management plan for the park to identify issues relating to public use, resource management and future development at the park and the public is invited to give their input.

"This is a chance for people to tell us what they want," Laura Melling, manager of the Sand Hollow Complex said."

Read more here . . . Planning ahead | thespectrum.com | The Spectrum

Last edited:

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
The RMP is actually for Sand Hollow dunes near Hurricane, not Little Sahara (Sand Mountain, UT).
Yes, thank you! That is what is stated clearly in the article. Where I got sideways was here . . .

"Hurricane resident and president of the Tri State ATV Jamboree JayVar Campbell said as far as those who utilize the park and popular Sand Mountain for off road recreating, there will be no issues unless the access changes.

Right now, unless an OHV vehicle goes through the park, access to Sand Mountain, from either the Hurricane Cliffs area or Washington Dam Road, is free."

It appears as though there is little separation or distinction between the two areas other than fees, I stand corrected and appreciate your contributing the clarification!

Riot Racing

Feb 9, 2009
i grew up 50 miles from there. it is definatly a good spot to go hang out, play at the lake and go do some riding. The dunes used to be alot bigger, then the state came in and took out a bunch of the dunes to make a lake, which was ok with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000