UTV Championship Updates, Pictures and Race Day Thread

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Off the shelf parts win again!!!!
Yep congrats on winning the N/A class!! Being that 98% of the cars are running off the shelf parts I would expect one to win. But seriously, Big congrats to the Cognito team! Any win is not handed to anyone.

Who won the Turbo class? And what row did they start in?

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Redlands won the turbo class...not sure where they started....they were consistent all day

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I would love to get a top 5 in the NA and Turbo class.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
The RedLands car was built In house and is there own design. They designed & engineered everything, suspension included in house. They did have some experienced fab guys on the torch. Guys like Parker Garrett who helps fab the TSCO TT's.

But that car is 100% RedLands, even the carbon fiber ducting was made in house!

Last edited:

Kilgore23

Dec 12, 2012
So was there more than one class that raced today? Besides obviously N/A and turbo desert cars does anyone have results they could post?

Reactions: Bajaxp

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Is RedLands rear bumper race legal?

It looks like it sits rather high and comes to "kind of a point" for lack of a better term...no real good place to be contacted by another car...not doggin them or anything just curious...maybe just the angle of the pictures i saw.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
The RedLands car was built In house by their own design. They designed & engineered everything, suspension included in house. They did have some experienced fab guys wielding the torch. Guys like Garrett Parker who helps fab the TSCO TT's.

But that car is 100% RedLands, even the carbon fiber ducting was made in house!
I believe the chassis was built by Thad at Fabwerx. Zane and the guys at Redlands were pretty specific on what they wanted though. Thad built their chassis right before Marc's BBQ'd RZR car. I was in constant communication with Zane during their design process. Him and I are anal about proper suspension geometry, and they were diligent to be sure their car had it. Marc called them " my buddies" and would always discredit them. Looks like their efforts have paid off as I knew they would, while Marc's program has been in full reverse for nearly a year now. So, a massive salute to the Redlands team on the success of their design. I'm glad it is now paying off. What a race to win. Cars and cash. Gotta feel good. Kudos to The Cognito guys for again spanking the turbo's. Lamberts looking pretty good going into the Mint. 2016 WORLD CHAMPIONS is a title well earned. Congrats to both teams on their victories.

Reactions: facteryfmf

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Reid, Thad did originally build the RedLands chassis, but since they took possession Zane, Ryan & crew had cut the front off at the A pillar and the rear was cut off at the B pillar. Pretty much the only part left of what Thad did was the drivers compartment. I think every part of body work was also redone. Also I believe they were on version 2 of the suspension, as they found ways to make a better part after building the first set. Like you said Zane and crew are as anal as you & I when it comes to building the best machine possible and that's why I've been so excited to see them race it. Just think how much better that car will get with more test & race miles on it?

Yep congrats to the Cognito & Redlands teams for their wins and different approches to getting there.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Wow! I was not aware that they took off most if the original fab work. I know they , like me, tend to over think things a bit. Sometimes, it's best to roll up the sleeves a little more, and sharpen the pencil a little less! Now they're in a great position to run the full season. How'd they do at Parker?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
This was the first race on the new car and first race of the year for the team. They tried to make Parker, but knew having the car @ 100% was more important. Even when it came to tuning the shocks, they spent days testing with the guys from Collins race shop.

BTW did you see the legendary McMillin 8 truck you & Rick built is for sale in the RDC classifieds.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
This was the first race on the new car and first race of the year for the team. They tried to make Parker, but knew having the car @ 100% was more important. Even when it came to tuning the shocks, they spent days testing with the guys from Collins race shop.

BTW did you see the legendary McMillin 8 truck you & Rick built is for sale in the RDC classifieds.
My brother saw it on Facebook and sent me a link. They removed the quarter eliptics from the rear, and are running coil overs now instead. The truck looks pretty rough compared to what it once was. I guess the fact that it is still running and has value 27 years after we built it says something about our work (something besides it is a bulletproof, overweight tank I hope!). Pretty good deal though. Hell, he's selling the entire truck with spares for thousands less than the cost of the Leon Patton engine alone! 27 years ago. And here I think Marc is old and washed up. I'm a freakin dinosaur. Haha!.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Does anyone know anything about the XYZ that's running in the unlimited class ? Last year's champ was constant news. This dude wins two in a row and I belive a top 20 today and no one mentions it. Nice run by Staggs today as well. Congrats to his team getting a brand new car dialed in also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000