UTV Championship Updates, Pictures and Race Day Thread

jimbeaver15

The Down & Dirty Off-Road Show
Apr 12, 2012
Parker, Arizona
I'll say I was one who thought Marc and Cody were on the lead lap from up in the announce tower. Their pace was insane. I know at the finish line quite a few of us thought their was a mistake and they were running extra laps. The processes used by BITD work well for a 500 mile race when you see a car every minute or two, but for an event like this where there are 100 cars on a 15 mile track doing 10 laps each in blinding dust it is damn near impossible for anyone to keep track of who is where. We were writing down laps manually and were still having a hard time keeping track. Congrats to anyone who won, as it was definitely a brutal race.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I'll say I was one who thought Marc and Cody were on the lead lap from up in the announce tower. Their pace was insane. I know at the finish line quite a few of us thought their was a mistake and they were running extra laps. The processes used by BITD work well for a 500 mile race when you see a car every minute or two, but for an event like this where there are 100 cars on a 15 mile track doing 10 laps each in blinding dust it is damn near impossible for anyone to keep track of who is where. We were writing down laps manually and were still having a hard time keeping track. Congrats to anyone who won, as it was definitely a brutal race.
I did not witness this as I was back in the pit getting Cody's Production 1000 car ready for the Production race, this came first hand from someone at the finish line.

Both Marc and Cody were a lap down and were waived by after Justin took the checkers. They both did another lap and when they came back to the checkers they were both told to do another lap. Marc drove around the finish line flagger and parked, Cody did another lap. At that point we had Cody at 10 laps when they waived him on for what we think was an 11th lap so yea I'm kinda interested in seeing the lap times as well.
We could be wrong on the lap count, Im totally happy with 8th but if there was an error and he did better than 8th then awesome.
My luck? They redo the laps and say he finished 35th...

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I did not witness this as I was back in the pit getting Cody's Production 1000 car ready for the Production race, this came first hand from someone at the finish line.

Both Marc and Cody were a lap down and were waived by after Justin took the checkers. They both did another lap and when they came back to the checkers they were both told to do another lap. Marc drove around the finish line flagger and parked, Cody did another lap. At that point we had Cody at 10 laps when they waived him on for what we think was an 11th lap so yea I'm kinda interested in seeing the lap times as well.
We could be wrong on the lap count, Im totally happy with 8th but if there was an error and he did better than 8th then awesome.
My luck? They redo the laps and say he finished 35th...
Doug, did you guys happen to reset the odometer before the race?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Just an old dude not a hot babe w a smoking body or a factory sponsor so I have to post my own pics.....old man still has mad reaction time! Lol

I wish I knew a decent clutch guy.........BLEW 5 BELTS in 4 laps!!! That has to be some sort of record. More on that later. image.jpg

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
Just an old dude not a hot babe w a smoking body or a factory sponsor so I have to post my own pics.....old man still has mad reaction time! Lol

I wish I knew a decent clutch guy.........BLEW 5 BELTS in 4 laps!!! That has to be some sort of record. More on that later. View attachment 12828

your reaction time was not all that fast when you cut infront of me twice then tried to put me in the fence as I passed lol

Reactions: facteryfmf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000