UTV Championship Updates, Pictures and Race Day Thread

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Well that's kinda what I was thinking. If you personally clutch a car and change the entire set up they been running and then they go out and blow 5 belts then you might want to follow up on that.....maybe return a phone call would be an appropriate response.
lol. Sounds like you got the MB1905 treatment.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
At this point I would have to question the validity of any lap times BITD gives out. There is no reason it should take this long (as its electronic and was scored live time) unless they are having issues, which they clearly seem to be. If you cant have accurate lap times, then how can BITD be sure the overall race timing was accurate? You really cant as it was based off of lap times & totals. Were any tracking devices used for this race? Did they have the start / finish line scoring transponders on the cars and working? What scoring method does BITD claim they were using for this event?

Reactions: facteryfmf

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
At this point I would have to question the validity of any lap times BITD gives out. There is no reason it should take this long (as its electronic and was scored live time) unless they are having issues, which they clearly seem to be. If you cant have accurate lap times, then how can BITD be sure the overall race timing was accurate? You really cant as it was based off of lap times & totals. Were any tracking devices used for this race? Did they have the start / finish line scoring transponders on the cars and working? What scoring method does BITD claim they were using for this event?
I think its the basic transponder thats used for scoring. I almost wonder if they even recorded the actual lap times or if they only recorded the Over all elapsed time. IRC was not at this event so no secondary tracking was used that I seen.

Reactions: facteryfmf

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
....Or maybe they have other things that need their attention after focusing on this event for the last couple of weeks.

Why all the negativity for an organization that helps put on an event like this for you?

Reactions: JoeyD23

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
....Or maybe they have other things that need their attention after focusing on this event for the last couple of weeks.

Why all the negativity for an organization that helps put on an event like this for you?
You're over thinking.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012

Other things? This is their job. BITD is payed by the racers to organize and manage the race, which includes Scoring & Timing. The whole basis of this event is called a Race, and that race needs to be scored and times need to be kept to know who won? If this was NASCAR where everyone starts at the same time, then you would only need to count laps. But in an event where you start at different times, then your individual lap times are important. Remember in off-road racing you are racing the clock and in theory not your next competitor.

Also there were awards for fastest lap times in each class, so that could be another reason why its important to have lap times available, so those awards can be payed out.

Reactions: Johnny

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I heard that the owners of the Mint are going to be introducing a new timing/tracking system at the race. This is a good thing!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I heard that the owners of the Mint are going to be introducing a new timing/tracking system at the race. This is a good thing!
So does that mean MadMedia will be handling the timing/tracking instead of BITD or IRC? Or is BITD getting a new system that will be introduced at the Mint 400? I wonder what the cost to the racer is going to be, and will it be only for the Mint 400?

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
So does that mean MadMedia will be handling the timing/tracking instead of BITD? Or is BITD getting a new system that will be introduced at the Mint 400? I wonder what the cost to the race is going to be, and will it be only for the Mint 400?
IRC will stay. There will be an additional tracker on each car. Free of charge out of Mad Medias pocket! (is the latest I've personally heard)

robin hood

Feb 21, 2016
Other things? This is their job. BITD is payed by the racers to organize and manage the race, which includes Scoring & Timing. The whole basis of this event is called a Race, and that race needs to be scored and times need to be kept to know who won? If this was NASCAR where everyone starts at the same time, then you would only need to count laps. But in an event where you start at different times, then your individual lap times are important. Remember in off-road racing you are racing the clock and in theory not your next competitor.

Also there were awards for fastest lap times in each class, so that could be another reason why its important to have lap times available, so those awards can be payed out.
Other things...meaning other racers and race events....The World Championship of UTVs is not the only event taking place this year and more than likely not their most profitable.

I'm sure they are just prioritizing their work load and apparently this isn't at the top. I'm just saying maybe they have more important things to take care of before they unpack the laptop and download the lap times. Nothing in your post matters if it isn't done for another week.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Other things...meaning other racers and race events....The World Championship of UTVs is not the only event taking place this year and more than likely not their most profitable.

I'm sure they are just prioritizing their work load and apparently this isn't at the top. I'm just saying maybe they have more important things to take care of before they unpack the laptop and download the lap times. Nothing in your post matters if it isn't done for another week.
Just because they have collected their money doesn't mean they dont have the responsibility to these racers still. Are you making excuses for them because you work for them?

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Just because they have collected their money doesn't mean they dont have the responsibility to these racers still. Are you making excuses for them because you work for them?
You nailed it! Once you accept money for something you have a higher level of responsibility and it's not like the kind of money were taking is chump change. In the working world it's called rising to a level of incompetency. For a $350 entry you'll accept a certain amount of chaos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000