UTV World Championship Race Schedule / Details / Updates

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Oh I'm sure they will but how many utv teams use pressure pros or towers?
The new rules dont apply to just pressurized systems or fuel towers. All team must have two 20 lbs fire extinguishers, with a dedicated person operating one of them, everyone who gets near the vehicle in the pit must have a flame suit and head sock on. You must place a jug or container under all fuel cell vents or overflow hoses to capture any fuel that might spill out during fueling.

And the real kicker is the rule states that any vehicle using a dry break system must use the double red head to capture all vapors or fluids. I know several UTV teams are using a single dry break red head filler, so I dont know how that is going to work out?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well I am leaving Laughlin after pre running the course.

Harrahs hotel is cool. I had a decent room, comfy bed and a Starbucks.

Race course is awesome. Hoping we can keep Casey from blading a bunch of it. It's so much fun. Tons of passing lines, big rollers, natural jumps and a road crossing you can launch! We had a blast running around in our test RZRs. I confident you guys will love it and have a blast.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422496592.932034.jpg

Here is a cool view from my room at Harrahs

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422496623.563275.jpg

Here is a view from the main spectating hill. Below is where the entire race infield will be. To the right will be the pits and racer camping with the hot pits in the distance.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422496681.175531.jpg

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Wut? Can someone elaborate on said new fueling rule? Dual red head dry breaks required? What a joke!

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
The new rules dont apply to just pressurized systems or fuel towers.
1) All team must have two 20 lbs fire extinguishers, with a dedicated person operating one of them,
2) everyone who gets near the vehicle in the pit must have a flame suit and head sock on.
3) You must place a jug or container under all fuel cell vents or overflow hoses to capture any fuel that might spill out during fueling.

4) And the real kicker is the rule states that any vehicle using a dry break system must use the double red head to capture all vapors or fluids. I know several UTV teams are using a single dry break red head filler, so I dont know how that is going to work out?
Breaking this down a bit for everyone
1) - no big deal, we can get 2 - 20pounders.
2) - potential real big deal for a lot of teams.
3) - fueling on a mat and with a metal catch bucket is a good idea and easily done as well.
4) - not sure either.

Can we get some clarification on this?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

UTVUnderground.com Announces MTX Audio As Sponsor Of The UTV World Championship
First Annual UTV World Championship to be held February 19-22 in Laughlin, NV

February 2, 2014 San Diego, CA – UTVUnderground.com announced today that MTX Audio has signed on as title sound and audio sponsor of the first annual UTV World Championship, to take place in Laughlin, Nevada February 19th through the 21st. This exciting new event will feature two world championship UTV races including a Best In The Desert Championship points race, and a short course / motocross style Production UTV Championship race. In addition to the growing prize purses and contingency cash, Polaris RZR will be awarding the winner of both Championship races a brand new Polaris RZR XP1000! More prizes will to be announced as the race weekend draws near.

“Working with MTX has been nothing short of awesome. Not only do they make fantastic audio components, the people there are super cool and really excited about the future of UTVs. MTX builds some of the sickest audio equipment for everything including cars, boats and off-road vehicles. We have been thrilled with the MTX Audio equipment we have used and to have their support at the UTV World Championship makes us even more excited!” stated UTVUnderground.com CEO/Founder Joey “Joey D.” DiGiovanni

The four-day event format will feature one full day of racing, contingency and tech in downtown Laughlin, demo and enthusiast rides, and a business-to-business UTV industry summit. The UTV World Championship is part of The Best in The Desert (BITD) Off-Road Racing Association series and will be marketed, co-produced, and covered for television by motorsports media heavyweights, Mad Media. The format will bring together UTV desert racing, UTV motocross style short-course racing, and enthusiast rides, into one massive multi-day event on the edge of the Colorado River in Laughlin, Nevada. The event will also be a showcase for UTV manufacturers and aftermarket manufacturing companies. Enthusiasts and racers will be able to pre-run the racecourse in stock UTVs during the “Family Fun Poker Run”.

“MTX is extremely excited to be the official audio sponsor of the UTVWC. Like car audio events, off-roading is really social, bringing old friends together and introducing new ones. We have a lot of new products that make adding high quality audio to UTVs easy and are happy to be able to showcase them at such a prestigious event like the UTVWC. We are really looking forward to some great racing, and a fun weekend.” – stated Joe Trentacoste, VP of Marketing & Consumer Sales at MTX Audio

Come meet the MTX Audio team at the UTV World Championship and check out all of their high quality audio components!

For more information go to:
http://www.utvunderground.com/utv-world-championship

For racer registration go to:
http://www.bitd.com/best-in-the-des...ip/item/73-gpr-laughlin-ushs-information.html

For booth registration for to:
http://shop.utvunderground.com/products/utv-world-championship-booth-space

For media registration go to:
http://www.utvunderground.com/utvwc-media-credentials

For sponsorship information:
Matt Martelli - [email protected]

Do not wait! This event will sell out.
DO NOT WAIT! THIS EVENT WILL SELL OUT.

About UTVUnderground.com
UTVUnderground.com is the worlds fastest growing all-inclusive UTV website, that features content and articles by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. In a mere six years, it has become the go-to site for all the latest news and entertainment surrounding the UTV industry. Thousands of monthly visitors from over 100 different countries around the world go to UTVUnderground.com for their daily dose of UTV news and information.

About MTX Audio
MTX Audio is a family-owned, American manufacturer of high-performance car, off-road, marine, home, and personal audio products. MTX is one of the leading companies in the mobile audio industry and builds innovative and easy to install products for audio enthusiasts who are truly "serious about sound”®.

Trentk

Jul 16, 2014
Joey do you know what the rule will be for how far off the main line we can go? That area has tons of lines just off the main line, wondering if "all parallel lines" will be legal?

Also, I hope Casey mentions to everyone in the first race to show a little courtesy, there is nothing a bike guy hates more than being passed by a quad. Took me 10 miles to pass a guy at the Parker 250 because he wasn't giving an inch and I really don't want to hurt anyone. The roost off his bike took out my camelpack hose and put a hole in my clutch cover. lmao Thankfully this course looks to be a lot wider than Parker.

Thanks!

Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Joey do you know what the rule will be for how far off the main line we can go? That area has tons of lines just off the main line, wondering if "all parallel lines" will be legal?

Also, I hope Casey mentions to everyone in the first race to show a little courtesy, there is nothing a bike guy hates more than being passed by a quad. Took me 10 miles to pass a guy at the Parker 250 because he wasn't giving an inch and I really don't want to hurt anyone. The roost off his bike took out my camelpack hose and put a hole in my clutch cover. lmao Thankfully this course looks to be a lot wider than Parker.

Thanks!
That will be a question that will have to be addressed by BITD. I do not know, and yes after pre running the course my self there are a lot of "creative" lines to pick from. I am sure BITD has this in order and will address the

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Some of you may or may not know but we are filming the UTV World Championship for 2 TV shows! 1 will be an hour long documentary style race show that highlights the entire event including race coverage. The other will be a 30min Destination Polaris episode, hosted by Yours Truly and filmed entirely by Mad Media.

We have already started production on the show by filming some back stories with Beau Baron (pictured), Cognito Motorsports' Justin Lambert, Branden Sims and Mitch Guthrie Jr.

Get out and compete, be a part of the TV show, stoke out your sponsors and help us make this event something we can all be proud of!! We need your support!!!

UTVWC TV Baron.jpg

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Has anyone seen a map of the desert course yet? Need to know where the Main Pit and/or alternate is to help determine manpower needed.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
if its the same as the snore rage race, the pits will be same as where you camp ( by the infield) and the hot pits will be towards the end of the lap ( before you enter infield) but its only 17 miles long so having enough manpower should be no problem...again , if its the same layout as rage (snore)...

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
I am familiar with the old SCORE course and pretty much the way you described. The hot pit then was at the North end of the course and rather limited in area plus good 1/2 mile or more before entering the infield course. Race car access/egress to the campground/main pit wasn't allowed during the actual race.

pgarfinkle

Jan 30, 2015
Any idea what the infield of the desert course will look like? Is it going to similar to the SNORE course with jumps and whoops and rhythm sections or is it going have other obstacles like an endurocross track?

avalancheharpo

Dec 19, 2014
What class do the Polaris 900 Worcs/Lucas Production 900 race in? There are 4 of us and we heard that we have to race against the 1000's?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000