UTVUG LOORRS Glen Helen Pics & Results

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
wow not to butt in on all of this talking but dan was driving on my bumper i do that a lot just watch the second round in utah its called setting up for the conner and getting the car infront of u out of the way. i have been racing with dan for 2 years now and i have never had a problem on the track with him. to me its funny that u can talk bad about dan when u spun out and drove straight in to my door but its all good it is racing it happens stop complaining about bumping, i want to c u race super stock like i did back in the day now thats bumping.
this wasn't bumping. i realize bumping is going to happen. i am in no way complaining about bumping just to make that clear. I am complaining about getting hit for no reason in a turn where we both had plenty of room. He decided to cut in too early, and if i wasn't there, he would have cut the corner too short and hit the inside berm. That's all. It sucks it happened, and forgive me that i am frustrated. But its kind of ironic that 95% of the UTV drivers that have ever raced with Dan will tell you he is a loose cannon, and to watch out. Now i understand what they are talking about. And i specifically tried to stay as far away from him as possible, which makes it more frustrating on my part.

Also, in Vegas when i spun out, i was sideways in the middle of the track, and we made contact as you tried avoiding me as i was sliding. I for sure didn't drive into your door. Even so, after Joey told me that we made contact (i had no idea until we got home) i sent a message to your dad apologizing. Had i realized what happened while i was there, i would have came over to your pits and apologized to you and your team. It was beyond my control at that point. I do apologize to you for spinning out and causing us to make contact.

G-

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
How about some more pictures?

Great pix & stories. Rusty I took the same pic as you of Code on top of the podium. I didn't see you. Did you see me? I got to talk to Code, Doug, Moto Gary & Corry. I never saw you or Joey. It was agreat day of racing. We were there Saturday only. (Oh yeah I cut my hair so I don't look the same)

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I really like Dan Kelly. Dan does not have time to say sorry. He has to scramble to get his car back together before the next round. Dan has always been willing to help anyone. I think Dan Kelly is the 1st guy in this class with his driving style. I think when guys like Kyle LeDuc start racing this class, you will see more people driving right on the edge of control/ out of control. It's easy to get out of control when you are shredding.

Great Job to all the racers. I really enjoy watching this sport grow. I am glad that we are here to document it and share it with everyone.

John Dempsey

May 19, 2009
all i will say is it is unfair for everyone to just rip on dan. Everyone makes mistakes, this is offroad racing. And for the record ive never had a SINGLE issue with dan, and he is ALWAYS there to lend a hand if someone needs help. Dan is a standup guy!

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Guy's I watched the video's of this race & was wondering, What engines do you guy's run in a Teryx that isn't a SR1? I'm sure they are EFI engines but what cc, hp etc? Thanks for any info.

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Thank's Dan. Is that in the unlimited class? I heard the announcer say that when the track started to dry out the SR1's would catch up to the 4wd guy's. You mean guy's are running a 800cc Teryx engines and leading the SR1's on a heavy track? Man, I find that hard to believe.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
those are 75hp 800cc machines that are 4wd.... those are the biggest hp UTVs you will ever see with stock cases... the 4wd makes quite that big of a difference...

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Thanks Russ.
Where would I get one of those engines, Muzzy, Weller? I see all the different kits out there but I want an engine that is legal for unlimited class racing. Thanks

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
Thanks Russ.
Where would I get one of those engines, Muzzy, Weller? I see all the different kits out there but I want an engine that is legal for unlimited class racing. Thanks

There are 4 top kawi builders
George and Winbury .... C & G performance Fontana Ca.
Kimbrell ..................... Weller Arizona
Van Beekum ................ Muzzy Oregon
Dempsey .....................Kroyer Las Vegas

Obviously I am partial to Gary at C & G

rmuzzy

Mr. Muzzy - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 2, 2009
Bend Oregon
Fabman- We offer complete short track engine service. Contact me direct for options and pricing. I guess I am partial also.

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
Fabman- We offer complete short track engine service. Contact me direct for options and pricing. I guess I am partial also.

All the best engine guys use Muzzy parts in some form or another .

We are partial to the Oregon guys as well !

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Thanks for your replies guy's. I alway's wondered why people said racing UTV's was going to be expensive HOLY COW! I seen 1 builder that wanted $6,700 for a 2 cyl. Teryx engine, WHAAAAAT?

Last summer I built a 525hp all forged aluminum headed 383 small block chevy for the truck pictured in my posts with the best of everything and I have $5,800 in it with me doing everything but machine work that was $280.00. Here is the engine. YouTube - PaPaDragger's Channel

Think about it, forged crank, 8 forged H beam rods, 8 forged pistons, camshaft, timing gear, bearings, rings, aluminum heads, valve train, gaskets, carb, intake and on and on and on. $6,700 for a tuned 75 hp 2 cyl. engine? Something isn't right! Sorry, but no one will ever be able to justify to me that price for that engine kit, no way!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Thanks for your replies guy's. I alway's wondered why people said racing UTV's was going to be expensive HOLY COW! I seen 1 builder that wanted $6,700 for a 2 cyl. Teryx engine, WHAAAAAT?

Last summer I built a 525hp all forged aluminum headed 383 small block chevy for the truck pictured in my posts with the best of everything and I have $5,800 in it with me doing everything but machine work that was $280.00. Here is the engine. YouTube - PaPaDragger's Channel

Think about it, forged crank, 8 forged H beam rods, 8 forged pistons, camshaft, timing gear, bearings, rings, aluminum heads, valve train, gaskets, carb, intake and on and on and on. $6,700 for a tuned 75 hp 2 cyl. engine? Something isn't right! Sorry, but no one will ever be able to justify to me that price for that engine kit, no way!

I'm pretty sure a $10,000 budget for a competitive unlimited motor is realistic. Don't forget that most all these guys have a backup motor also :eek:

FabMan

Jan 9, 2010
Leslie, Mo.
Could we break down that $10,000 and where it is in these engines. I have been racing and around race cars all my life and I know what it takes to build an engine. And $10,000 in a block and internals is impossible in a Teryx engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000