UTVUnderground's 2011 Polaris RZR4 **EXCLUSIVE**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We took the UTVUnderground Polaris RZR4 out to Glamis for Thanksgiving weekend and had a BLAST! This machine with its stock power train never ceases to amaze. I aired the tires down to about 8lbs in the front and 7lbs in the rear, locked into 4wd, and shredded every dune I wanted too! The suspension on the Polaris RZR4 is still one of the best set ups in all of the UTV world. The long wheel base gives you a great sense of confidence when ripping around, however you need to be on your toes to ensure you don't high center. In all we had another flawless trip on this machine! It remains one of the funnest UTV's I have ever been able to drive!!!!

Gettin a lil air in the Polaris RZR4

Professional Trophy Truck driver, Ballistic BJ Baldwin took the RZR4 out for a spin!

Still love the PRo-Armor doors! The RZRWraps Graphics make it recognizable!

The PRP Seats are comfy and the Baja Designs STEALTH LED bar is always ready to light up the night when we need it!!!

We saw other tricked out RZR4's all weekend long, like this one that was done up for FOX

BJ talking it up with BOB Gordon (Robby's Dad)

We spotted, what could be the NEXT progression for the RZR4. The RZR4 XP900!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I guess I should make mention that the UTVUnderground Polaris RZR4 is currently at Pro Armor getting some love! Pro Armor will be outfitting the rig with a full set of new PRO ARMOR Harnesses and a new PRO ARMOR soft top.

You can check it out this weekend at the Pro Armor Ocotillo ride!!!

FREDRZR4

Nov 23, 2011
Calexico,CA
im new to this forum and i have a question maybe this is not the right thread to ask it but it involves my rzr4 , problem is that on my rear shocks they bottom out ive cranked the springs down that way they go harder but when its only me and someone else it bounces allot in the back and whith 4 passengers the back bottoms out like crazy i was just in glamis this weekend and couldnt make it work should i get new springs? or what else can i do to my shock to make it work and not bottom out with 4 ppl on it thankyou any feed back would be great

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
im new to this forum and i have a question maybe this is not the right thread to ask it but it involves my rzr4 , problem is that on my rear shocks they bottom out ive cranked the springs down that way they go harder but when its only me and someone else it bounces allot in the back and whith 4 passengers the back bottoms out like crazy i was just in glamis this weekend and couldnt make it work should i get new springs? or what else can i do to my shock to make it work and not bottom out with 4 ppl on it thankyou any feed back would be great
Adding spring pre-load helps with ride height and to some degree with bottoming because it give you more 'up travel.' Have you increased the compression damping? It is easy to do with a standard screwdriver. Just make sure both sides are increased the same. Your owners manual outlines this in pretty good detail.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Exactly what BajaXP said....Make sure you are adjusting your Compression Dampening. It is the small adjustment knob attached to the top of your piggy back resevoir on the shock.

Righty Tighty (Stiffen) Lefty Loosey (Soften)

I have mine cranked in terms of the compression adjustment. I tend to buck from time to time but when I have a load it does pretty good. However, there are certain bumps that with a car load you are still just going to bottom out on.

BajaXP also made a good point. Springs/Coils are only to help keep the car up and affect ride height. While they can give you some clearance they aren't going to solve your bottoming out when under a full car load and traveling at speed.

Also, how old is your RZR4? Maybe its time for some shock re-freshing. You may also consider adding this retrofit product that FOX Shocks offer. I have a set I have never installed on mine but it may be just what you need.

FOX / UTV / Upgrades

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
No matter what UTV your in your going to bottom out at some point.I was driving the UTVundergrounds Polaris RZR4 in glamis over Thanksgiving weekend and we had Mad Media packed in the RZR4. 4 adults and camera gear strapped in the back, The suspension seemed very for giving. I was driving up and down dunes near sand hwy and at the bottom I thought we were going to bottom out, but it was smooth.I think this suspension out of the box is the best ride of any other SXS,I haven't driven the Polaris XP or the Wild Cat.

I would look into after market shocks for a smoother ride.
RadFlo shocks,Walker Evans Racing,King!

2011 POLARIS FINISHES BAJA 1000

FREDRZR4

Nov 23, 2011
Calexico,CA
Adding spring pre-load helps with ride height and to some degree with bottoming because it give you more 'up travel.' Have you increased the compression damping? It is easy to do with a standard screwdriver. Just make sure both sides are increased the same. Your owners manual outlines this in pretty good detail.
thanks bajaxp ill tak a look at my manual i havent done nothing to the compression i didnt even know i could do that.

Exactly what BajaXP said....Make sure you are adjusting your Compression Dampening. It is the small adjustment knob attached to the top of your piggy back resevoir on the shock.
Righty Tighty (Stiffen) Lefty Loosey (Soften)

I have mine cranked in terms of the compression adjustment. I tend to buck from time to time but when I have a load it does pretty good. However, there are certain bumps that with a car load you are still just going to bottom out on.

BajaXP also made a good point. Springs/Coils are only to help keep the car up and affect ride height. While they can give you some clearance they aren't going to solve your bottoming out when under a full car load and traveling at speed.

Also, how old is your RZR4? Maybe its time for some shock re-freshing. You may also consider adding this retrofit product that FOX Shocks offer. I have a set I have never installed on mine but it may be just what you need.

FOX / UTV / Upgrades
thank you too joey ill do that tomorow morning at my local sand dunes that way i can get it correctly i just toke a look at the shock and found that lil knob u were talking about and well i bought my rzr in may and have 50hrs and 752 miles in it you think i need the shock re-freshing

No matter what UTV your in your going to bottom out at some point.I was driving the UTVundergrounds Polaris RZR4 in glamis over Thanksgiving weekend and we had Mad Media packed in the RZR4. 4 adults and camera gear strapped in the back, The suspension seemed very for giving. I was driving up and down dunes near sand hwy and at the bottom I thought we were going to bottom out, but it was smooth.I think this suspension out of the box is the best ride of any other SXS,I haven't driven the Polaris XP or the Wild Cat.

I would look into after market shocks for a smoother ride.
RadFlo shocks,Walker Evans Racing,King!

2011 POLARIS FINISHES BAJA 1000
yeah i was at glamis too and at sand highway at speeds of 20mph-30mph it would bottom out on everysingle whoop but now that i know of the compression adjustment im going to try that when i just bought i loved it really great suspension stock

The shocks that are on the Polaris RZR4 are not only adequate but they are rebuildable. Replacing the shocks is not necessary especially with the upgrades FOX has to offer.
i hear of those upgrades but are they pricey

I had the same problem with my RZR4 I didnt mess with the spring just turned the compression setting 1 1/2 turns in .... Problem solved http://www.utvunderground.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
thankyou rradrich for the link now that i know of the compression setting ill work with that

FREDRZR4

Nov 23, 2011
Calexico,CA
thanks everyone for the reference on the compression setting i didnt even know i could do that ill try it out tomorow i just found it right now when i took a look and well my rzr4 has around 51hrs and 752mi u guys think the shocks need refreshing

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
thanks everyone for the reference on the compression setting i didnt even know i could do that ill try it out tomorow i just found it right now when i took a look and well my rzr4 has around 51hrs and 752mi u guys think the shocks need refreshing

Nope!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
No need to refresh those shocks just yet. Our RZR4 has at least that many, and they are primarily hard desert miles and they still work amazing! Do consider looking at the FOX upgrades when you do decide to refresh your shocks in a season or 2. Consider UTVUnderground sponsors Magnum Off-Road - Offroad Fabrication and Accessories when your ready to do so. They have a fantastic in house shock expert.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000