All UTV's VP U4.2 is it true

desrtrat256

Team AGM - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 25, 2009
Escondido, CA
Ive been hearing from alot of the dirt bike guys that the U4.2 fuel picks up 2-3 horse over regular race gas. I am wondering if anyone in the SXS world has played with it. Thats a huge increase in power for a little bit more money. any opinions?

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Depends on how much compression your running, that fuel is ment for a certain range of CR, above that # theres damage, below that its $$ out the tail pipe.

Exotic fuels are not as simple as pour & go....and at $8 plus per gallon you better know what your doing.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
doug, he got that from Bobby, I think he sells fuel.

Rog
Doug was the first person that told us this. He uses it in his dirt bike. I think Kyle is simply asking a question to see if someone has done any dyno testing to see if it works.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I dont know the motor specifics, but yes it has been proven 2-3hp on a rhino at Racers Edge on the dyno. I need to change the bearings and seals on my dyno, then I'm gonna test it out. I'll report back after. I'm at 10.75-1 105 bore stock stroke and make a little over 82hp at the crank now.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I used to run it but very hard on the fuel system constant maintance. Not worth the trouble. But I have found a great replacement that gives the same power is also oxy added. It MS109 from VP. But as all race fuels your vehical must be jetted for it or your waisting your time & money.

Reactions: 1 person

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I used to run it but very hard on the fuel system constant maintance. Not worth the trouble. But I have found a great replacement that gives the same power is also oxy added. It MS109 from VP. But as all race fuels your vehical must be jetted for it or your waisting your time & money.
I do not think we can run OXY fuel in most series. makes sense that is has more oomph though

desrtrat256

Team AGM - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 25, 2009
Escondido, CA
Thats the answer I was looking for! I wanted to make sure I had proven answers before I tell customers that and blow smoke up there a$$.

Yes Rog I do sell fuel and like to know as much about the product as I possibly can so I can inform the customer. There is no sales pitch here just a simple question.

I dont know the motor specifics, but yes it has been proven 2-3hp on a rhino at Racers Edge on the dyno. I need to change the bearings and seals on my dyno, then I'm gonna test it out. I'll report back after. I'm at 10.75-1 105 bore stock stroke and make a little over 82hp at the crank now.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Thats the answer I was looking for! I wanted to make sure I had proven answers before I tell customers that and blow smoke up there a$$.

Yes Rog I do sell fuel and like to know as much about the product as I possibly can so I can inform the customer. There is no sales pitch here just a simple question.
I think we met you at Bobby's pits in Perris???? I know it was not a sales pitch, seemed you were looking for info that is all. :)

Rog

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Are you sure it was u4.2 and not the older formula u4? The u4 was a sticky residue mess, but the 4.2 is supposed to be pretty clean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000