Walker Evans Racing News - TORC Season Underway, Red Bud to Crandon!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
June 14, 2011

[email protected]
Walker Evans Racing
Media Contact: Joey DiGiovanni
[email protected]

Walker Evans Racing
2011 TORC Season is Underway
Red Bud to Crandon

Riverside, CA 6/14/2011 - Walker Evans Racing is primed and set for TORC Rounds 3 & 4 this coming weekend at the famed Crandon Off Road Park in Crandon, WI. After a strong showing for Walker Evans Racing's RJ Anderson at Rounds 1 & 2 in Buchanan, MI at Red Bud, RJ and his team are looking forward to strutting their stuff in Crandon. This will only be RJ's 5th time competing in his new Walker Evans Racing Pro Lite but as he proved at Red Bud RJ is definitley capable and ready to go for a win.

Red Bud's facility was pounded with rain leading up to the race back on May 28th & 29th. This caused for less than ideal conditions for short course racing. Despite the sloppy track and the fact that there was no practice before Saturday the 16 Pro Lite competitors lined up with RJ Anderson being forced to start in the 15th position. With a special groove laid into his Goodyear tires to help gain traction in the mud, RJ powered his #37 Pro Lite from the back of the pack to capture a 3rd place finish in his first showing at the TORC Racing Series. This accomplishment would not have been possible without the preparation and dedication from the entire Walker Evans Racing team and their sponsors. Sunday's race had less than favorable results with the track taking on even more rain the #37 would get stuck in the mud putting RJ a few laps down and causing him to finish 12th.

This same truck was busy the weekend prior competing in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series where RJ would get his first bit of seat time in the #37 Pro Lite. When racing concluded that Sunday night it was promptly taken back to the Walker Evans Racing facility where Monday morning team members would strip it, clean it, and re assemble it and have it loaded back in the semi for a Monday night departure to Michigan. Short on time and with zero practice leading up to the race the Kroyer Racing Engine / RAM powered Pro Lite rolled onto the track and produced a solid 3rd place podium finish!

"The truck was amazing. I am still getting used to having all this power, in my UTV and Super-Lite its pretty much hold it down to the floor the whole race. With my Pro Lite I need to really control myself and the throttle because this Kroyer built RAM engine will burn the tires right off!.... I am really excited to race TORC this season and compete at all these awesome tracks they have laid out for us. Red Bud was muddy but it was a lot of fun and to get 3rd place my first time out I hope I sent a message to let the Pro Lite class letting them know I am here to win!" - RJ Anderson // Walker Evans Racing #37 Pro Lite

The Walker Evans Racing team is really excited to get to Crandon this weekend. The truck is prepped and ready for what surely will be some of the most exciting racing thus far. There is a mystique that surrounds Crandon and this being RJ's first race at Crandon has him extra excited to compete. Tickets are for sale online at Traxxas TORC - The Off Road Championship so don't miss out and be sure to stop by the Walker Evans Racing pits to get an autograph and say hello to RJ and his Team!

#37 Walker Evans Racing Pro Lite Sponsors

Walker Evans Racing Wheels & Shocks - Polaris Off Road Vehicles - Goodyear - South Point Las Vegas - Kroyer - EMJ Metal - Gear Works - MasterCraft - Currie Enterprises - FK Bearing - MSD - K&N Filters - Utendorfer Design​

About Walker Evans Racing:
At Walker Evans Racing our goals is to design and manufacture quality, performance, race-proven products that can used for aftermarket applications. The very same product we produce is the very same product used on numerous race winning vehicles. Based in Riverside, CA Walker Evans Racing has been involved in the off road industry for over 30 years.
# # #

Shipping Address / Service & Repair
2304 Fleetwood Drive
Riverside CA 92509
Mailing Address (Letters Only)
P.O. Box 2469
Riverside, CA 92516
Phone & Fax
PH: 951.784.7223
FX: 951.788.1738
[email protected]

Members online