warlock's XP1000 Consumer Buyer Watchdog Thread

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Hey is anyone hearing a rattle noise from the driveline of there XP1000 my Boys is making a rattle noise at 20+ mph and it also has the fuel pump whine. Ive seen a bunch of posts on a lot of the RZR forums about it and Polaris is suggesting to try and phase the joints about 6 splines from where it is. Maybe just sending the Shafts out to the drive shaft shop for a balance might fix it. And now the Fuel pump whines loud. Anyone here have these issues or fixed them.

Last edited by a moderator:

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
Re: XP1000 DRIVE LINE NOISE and Fuel pump whine.

was at our dealership today handling issues on our 900...........noted 1000 in service bay.......resonating noise from fuel pump was issue.......

looks like you guys are not alone on this one.........

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

This Kinda Sucks that this thing is making all kinds of Noise and the Glove box is a warped piece of crap. so its useless. The O rings where the trailing arm mounts under the seats pop out so if you guys don't keep those sealed and in place the sand and mud will ruin those quick to, lay under your Bike and check them out.
I say have dealer make notes on them then just drive the wheels off the Rattle trap till it Breaks then go back for repairs, but jesus really $23k and we gotta live with the possibility of breaking down on the trail. I have Been around the Automotive world my whole life and when I get a fuel pump making noise like this its usually about to go out. Im not sure what to think other than Bringing a spare pump along to save a weekend. Hmmmmmm.:confused:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Some guys who have some more ride time on there XP1ks have been bending the shit out of there shock shafts and Im not sure why unless walker Evans new needle shaft stuff is failing or what I guees were gonna find out pretty quick.

Attachments

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
XP1k Bending Shocks ????????

Ok So might as well get this out in the open, Im seeing multiple guys out there bending the shock shafts on the Walker Evans Shocks, They Have a few dune miles riding and get back to camp and the front shock is layed over and bent is this gonna be a commom thing to have happen next and is Polaris gonna cover it under warranty or cheap out and call it customer abuse and misuse. Im wondering if WER had some defective shit or what?

Attachments

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013

Some guys who have some more ride time on there XP1ks have been bending the shit out of there shock shafts and Im not sure why unless walker Evans new needle shaft stuff is failing or what I guees were gonna find out pretty quick.
Wow that is insane I wonder if its the shock defect or is the xp1k putting some type of a crazy bind on the shock. Sounds like a bunch of problems already. With the price tag on those I would expect a car I could ride without worrying about

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012

Wow that is insane I wonder if its the shock defect or is the xp1k putting some type of a crazy bind on the shock. Sounds like a bunch of problems already. With the price tag on those I would expect a car I could ride without worrying about

Im with you... just another expensive piece of junk... if Polaris got their quality up with the performance they would have some awesome sxs's

mclerc07

Jan 30, 2012
Re: XP1k Bending Shocks ????????

to be fair the orange one was jumping off a metal ramp and freakn flyin haha.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

to be fair the orange one was jumping off a metal ramp and freakn flyin haha.
Yeah it was being Launched and I know your not supposed to Jump these things. But the Shock is bent Nothing else damaged so what.:eek:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
XP1K TRAILING ARM BUSHING PROBLEM !!!

Heres a picture of the trailing Arm Bushing that will pop out of place and you better keep it in its spot or Mud and Sand will get in there and wear out the Joint Fast.

Attachments

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Note though, the shock shafts aren't bent at the end of the shaft, but in the middle, more indicative that something was in a bind before the shock was compressed...
Looks like it's time to get some King shocks on those beasts...

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

there like $23500 OTD LOL. Stupid Huh for a Piece of Plastic Shit Box. You can buy a nice Ass truck for this kind of money. The Wife Looks at me Like Im a Nut and Fell out of my tree and Bumped my Head when I tell her the prices.:D

Back in the Day you could cough up 10g for the Toy of choice and Build it as you got some Extra Cash along the way, so it was not so Painfull. Now You gotta pay Frickin Huge money up front which hurts and then you start Modding them from there. I know that now we get a better motor and better Shoxs But the Initial Purchase Price Sucks.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az

Note though, the shock shafts aren't bent at the end of the shaft, but in the middle, more indicative that something was in a bind before the shock was compressed...
Looks like it's time to get some King shocks on those beasts...
Exactly.... Bent about Mid Travel like they Locked up internally/ Maybe the Needle Shock is not Ready for prime time . :confused:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
XP1k Junk Plastic..LOL Polaris Quality

Heres more wonderfull quality plastic Products from Polaris on the $23500 Toy petty Shit now but Really. This Is the kind of fit and Finish that Makes Polaris Who they are LOL. This Should Get all of the real OCD Guys tweaked no Pun Intended. The Fix is Velcro to hopefully hold it closed or if you spend a little time and look at the lock pin and get it Just right it will lock shut. Really its the little things that can really Piss People off. Either Shut it and leave it. Or take it off cause when it continually falls down on a Ride its gonna turn into a Square Frisby off a Cliff.:mad:

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000