All UTV's Washing your UTV?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
What does everyone use? What's your secret to keeping the showroom shine? Has anyone tried Slick Wash?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
What does everyone use? What's your secret to keeping the showroom shine? Has anyone tried Slick Wash?
Washings over rated. Blow it off with air, it's only going to get dirty again anyway!!! :D

The other advantage is the dirt mixed with oil and grease helps to provide better structural strength and holds it together!! LOL!!!:eek:

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Simple green in a hudson pumper to soak everything followed up with a pressure washer...leaf blower to dry off all the nooks and crannies...hit it with some yellow Costco microfiber rags and then some Maxima SC1 for the plastics and CD2 engine detailer... fire it up and let it idle for about 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Washings over rated. Blow it off with air, it's only going to get dirty again anyway!!! :D

The other advantage is the dirt mixed with oil and grease helps to provide better structural strength and holds it together!! LOL!!!:eek:
Is that official NASA Protocal?

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Simple green in a hudson pumper to soak everything followed up with a pressure washer...leaf blower..rags and then some Maxima SC1 and CD2 engine detailer
Be VERY CAREFUL with the pressure washer. You can push water through seals and such back into the components. I like the Hudson sprayer with simple green, going to have to try that, thanks!

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
George needs to chime in on this thread.... All of his stuff is cleaned top notch all the time....I generally use simple green or the stuff from napa. Seems to do the trick, then I'll hit it with that plastic cleaner that helps with the shine.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
warm water in a squirt bottle mixed with a decent amount of tide or whatever laundry detergent the old lady has laying around. i usually blow all the big mud off first then spray with detergent then hose off then dry. no sponge needed and everything looks great after. tires even look brand new

Brad777

Dec 7, 2009
Wet your machine down, spray it completely down with concentrated simple green, wipe the vehicle with brush/terry towel, pressure spray for rinse, dry. I use SC1 from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC on all the black plastic, spray SC1 on a cloth and wipe down all the black steel parts. Meguiars spray wax on the paint. Everything looks like new in about 1 hour.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000