Kawasaki well its time to get some action

v8jeep86

Aug 20, 2010
well i bought fiberskins from benchmark chris made by marty i installed as per instructions and application after first trip you can see photos of grey skid this was with muzzy std wraped , well marty replaced it with new skid that is white and i did muzzys pro ceramic coated and wraped marty said he was going to put extra insulation and said have a clearance between pipe and skid well he sends you millitary surplus screws that are too short but wants me to install layers of foam between frame and skid i did 3 layers and took 1 trip and photos show what happened . now i have built a 6061 t6 skid and no problems but marty and chris at benchmark dont seam to think it is their problem i spent over $500 on skids and they bend me over, all i want is $65 that i paid for the alloy they both made money from me and it didnt work , and marty putting more insulation on 2nd skid made it fail it now had less clearance cause it was thicker so he messed up and needs to own up to it

Attachments

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
your pipe might be sitting to low and need to be adjusted up i have the fiber skinz full set up and haven't had that issue at all. the pipe should be sitting slightly above the frame rail.

v8jeep86

Aug 20, 2010
had stock skid before and yes it had muzzys , and chris at benchmark has a teryx with muzzys and marty from fiber skins does too

rhinoadick

Mar 1, 2010
If your pipe is touching a non- metal skid plate arnt they all gonna melt/bend?Hope you get it worked out.Marty is a stand up guy,and he knows his products capabilities,so if its his product that failed he will do the right thing,BUT! if its your rex thats not like all the others (that work fine )its up to you to fix it or chalk it up to bad luck of the draw.

v8jeep86

Aug 20, 2010
well he has his insulation on skid , but it takes up the air space the skid needs to work , the alloy skid doesnt need or have insulation and it has clearance no problem , so if marty is the deisigner then he needs to work out the bugs with his skid and mounting options before he markets them and not use me as a guenia pig and then not refund me when it fails , he is fiber skins not me but i should of known you cant put plastic next to hot exhaust , so i hope to warn all potenial buyers beware of shody design and military surplus bolts of incorrect lenght , even worse customer service

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
well he has his insulation on skid , but it takes up the air space the skid needs to work , the alloy skid doesnt need or have insulation and it has clearance no problem , so if marty is the deisigner then he needs to work out the bugs with his skid and mounting options before he markets them and not use me as a guenia pig and then not refund me when it fails , he is fiber skins not me but i should of known you cant put plastic next to hot exhaust , so i hope to warn all potenial buyers beware of shody design and military surplus bolts of incorrect lenght , even worse customer service
i don't know how you are getting the idea they use surplus hard ware mine was all new and lock tight coated threads and they are the correct length its the nut certs that kawai uses that are the issue. as for the melting i think your pipes are still off mine sit a quarter inch or more above the frame rail(they are muzzy's rapped and coated) mine started to do the same but my pipes were not all the way in the X pipe couple taps with a 2x4 and a hammer and it was fixed. as for being a guieni pig i know for a fact marty held off a couple months putting them in to production just to do extra testing and get them right because i got one of or the first set of full skids

justinsrex

Nov 8, 2009
Imperial Valley
i don't know how you are getting the idea they use surplus hard ware mine was all new and lock tight coated threads and they are the correct length its the nut certs that kawai uses that are the issue. as for the melting i think your pipes are still off mine sit a quarter inch or more above the frame rail(they are muzzy's rapped and coated) mine started to do the same but my pipes were not all the way in the X pipe couple taps with a 2x4 and a hammer and it was fixed. as for being a guieni pig i know for a fact marty held off a couple months putting them in to production just to do extra testing and get them right because i got one of or the first set of full skids
I completely agree.... The Muzzy Pros have to be installed correctly or they will sit too low. It may appear that its all "tight" but it isn't. Mine sat too low also but I was aware enough to notice it wasn't correct and removed the exhaust and made the necessary adjustments to get it to sit higher. Too many people have these skids with the same exhaust and have not had this same issue. If the exhaust tubing is touching the skid, it is too low.

desertdog615

Aug 30, 2011
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't make it correct. So, lets keep the facts straight. You did NOT install your first skidplate correctly. It was NOT only touching your exhaust, it was pressed into it so much that it made a deep permanent indentation into the heat shield insulation. I will post a picture later for backup. However, we replaced it anyways to show good customer service. I also told you to make sure to adjust your front exhaust just a little to get it at least 1/16th above the heat shield. It is not our fault if your exhaust is hitting your frame. so, it's clear you didn't make any adjustment and installed the 2nd skidplate exactly the same way and expected different results. :confused:
During testing, the skidplate didn't melt even without this same heatshield. The heatshield is just added protection. Any reasonable person should understand that it should not be touching. We have sold plenty of these kits and your the ONLY one with this problem, and now you have done it twice and you still think it is our product. Really ?? We are sorry that your having this problem, but product design and manufacturing can't overcome ALL installation inconsistencies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000