What? “Americas Great Outdoors IdeaJam†Website is Still Up

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
What? This may not be new news to some of you but I was shocked to discover today that the “Americas Great Outdoors IdeaJam†website is still up; running and accepting new ideas/comments despite the Government’s assertion they were closing it down by November 1st. This coupled with the fact that a great majority of us got locked out the last week of October led most of us to believe it was over as promised. It looks like we pro-access folks were not only selectively dumped but duped as well.

While it appeared that the site was being shut down, it in FACT is still going and the same old anti-access idiots are running amuck without our continued idea contributions and DEMOTION/PROMOTION of the “Ideas†still being offered.

Go see for yourself . . . America's Great Outdoors IdeaJam

The promised “results†which were to be delivered to the President by November 15, 2010 are still being compiled and according to “the team†will be delayed due to the unexpected quantities of ideas submitted which total over 100k.

If you can get in, please get back up there and fight or the “green†perspective will be all that the “Decider†sees!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this attempt to give motorized access to OUR Public Lands the boot, here’s some background information . . . America's Great Outdoors Initiative - BRC Land Use Update

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
America’s Great Outdoors Comment Highlights

Here’s a glance at what our Government is focusing on as a result of comments received and their predisposition to ending our form of recreation.

• “This is long overdue, and deeply appreciated. I love the focus on and priority on conserving water and land AND getting people out to recreate in it.
â€
• “I have never seen this kind of support at such a high level for sensible conservation.â€

• “I have not seen anything like this commitment to start a conservation movement since perhaps the first Earth Day. Please keep this going – talking, listening, and inspiring people to bring their ideas to the table. I will never forget this day. Thank you.â€

More here . . . Comment Highlights

Better get ACTIVE on the AGOI “IdeaJam†web site or take what they give you!!!

America's Great Outdoors IdeaJam

Here’s an excerpt from the ARRA . . .

“Back in April when President Obama established the AGO initiative, he instructed that recommendations coming out of the process be on his desk by November 15th. Well, that didn't happen and the President is still waiting.

We understand that the public lands agencies are having difficulty matching up the recommendations with the FY2012 budget. In other words, it's one thing to announce new policies; it's another thing to find the dollars to fund those policies. We are hearing that it might be late January or even February before the AGO recommendations are finally released for public inspection.

One of our frustrations during the entire AGO process was getting notification of the public listening sessions from the Administration in a timely manner so that we could inform you of when and where the sessions were being held. Adding to our frustration was our awareness that environmental groups were receiving early notification of these meetings.

This lack of transparency in the process has caught the attention of some members of Congress. Eighteen members of the House and the Senate have written to Agriculture Secretary Vilsack, Interior Secretary Salazar and EPA Administrator Jackson requesting information on how and who was contacted about participating in the various AGO listening sessions. A copy of this communication is available for your informationâ€

More here . . . Americans For Responsible Recreational Access: Newsletter - December 2010

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Hmm! When they brought it back on-line my original login and password still worked, weird!!

Thanks for getting up there and helping out Barbara, there are only a half dozen or so of we Pro-OHV folks submitting new "Ideas" and fighting their crew.

We need more folks to get up there and "Demote" the Anti-OHV, Pro-BIG Brother/Government "Ideas" since those of us remaining in the fight are out of votes.

It’s like the last hours at the Alamo and we need reinforcements!!!

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Barbara,

Thank you SO MUCH for the time you spent "Demoting" the ahats anti-access "Ideas" and "Promoting" the pro-OHV "Ideas"!

You are the only one on this site (as far as I can tell) who has bothered to answer the call (thus far) and to me that speaks volumes regarding the kind of person you are and about your belief in the importance of access and saving our sport!

Kudos to you!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000