What are your tire opinions?

justinsrex

Nov 8, 2009
Imperial Valley
I am looking into getting new tires before season starts and have considered a few different options. I currently have 12" wheels and I am thinking about the bighorns. The new DWT tires are nice but what's the price comparisson? I have also considered going to a 27x14 all terrain truck tire such as the General ATs. That includes new 14" wheels, so which ones are the best for the price? I want them to be beadlocks. No racing, no glamis, 99% Plaster City/Superstition riding. Thanks for the opinions.

Reactions: 1 person

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Bighorns or ITP Bajacross are probably the most proven tires.ITP has a new 28 inch tire but they might only be available in 14 inch.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
wow...good topic, comes down to preference I believe...

Maxxis Big Horns are probably the most durable and most widley used tire in UTV off roading. Great track record, great pricing, and widely available.

Pit Bull Tires came on hard this year and last and are also a great tire but not for everyone due to their aggresive nature. I love them especially if your a hard core rock, mud, or trail rider. Their support is second to none.

GBC Motorsports has a solid lineup of UTV tires. They have been widely accepted in desert off road racing and so far have worked out well for many. I have a set of Dirt Commanders I am going to put on my Rhino to test out this season.

DWT just came out with their new MOAPA tire which was inspired by the popular Maxxis BigHorn. I look forward to seeing how they run....

Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Big Horns are my vote.

Don't know where you are going to get too much of a deal. The tires are worth the price. Your local dealer IVCC is aggressive. Chaparral buys in bulk. If you buy online Moto Sport Outlet.com has pretty good prices plus free freight and no tax.

Other than that...don't know. Sorry!

Grampsride

Team Incognito
May 8, 2009
Imperial, Ca
Ok, bighorns sound like the tire to have. Now, where do I get the best forum price? :D and scmo, sharing is caring...NOW GET BETTER!!
Hey fruitcake! Give me a call, I may have a line on a set, what size do you want, 25" or 26"? I will get a price for you and we can compare it to what you get.

SCMO... I am going to call you this week to come by and see what you have got.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000