What are your UTV pet-peeves?

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Well you could be a Mark Martin and let everyone by and be a good racer but never win a championship.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Jeff Gordon.. not sure why but I can't stand that guy... even though I liked his Pepsi commercial.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
wow, i can totaly relate to #10. in johnson valley, KOH, glamis. does not matter. we put cones up, and people run over the cones and drag them across the lakebed. and i even put led lights inside them. and yes 2am is for drinking or sleeping. not reving your bike next to my rv window. or tent. LOL

Mar 6, 2014
Phoenix az
Biggest peeve is people who bash others on the internet. Don't act like a child, pick up the phone and call the person direct.

Agree with Joey! From a builder standpoint there is nothing more frustrating than the accusations of stealing ideas. There are a ton of people building products for the UTV market. However, at the end of the day these cars are golf carts that were put on steroids, and there are only so many ways to build product.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Biggest peeve is people who bash others on the internet. Don't act like a child, pick up the phone and call the person direct.

Agree with Joey! From a builder standpoint there is nothing more frustrating than the accusations of stealing ideas. There are a ton of people building products for the UTV market. However, at the end of the day these cars are golf carts that were put on steroids, and there are only so many ways to build product.

Agreed! The best part, is when people accuse shops of copying and they are the ones who copied something or another shop in the first place haha... And if someone copies your part but better quality, is that still copying? Or are you just mad because someone actually cares to make the same part same as you but better? Ask the consumer what they would want to have and I bet %99 want the better quality, the other %1 probably went with powder coat color....

My $.02

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
1) People that come to race and think blocking is a race strategy.

FYI- if you are blocking someone behind you, then you are probably going too slow, quit looking back and speed up or just get out of the way.... thanks.

Agree 100% - and add the crashers to that list - those that you give plenty of room to, but drive beyond their capability, cannot make a clean pass and will crash you out. 95% run clean but its the 5% that chose not to.

Mar 6, 2014
Phoenix az
Agreed! The best part, is when people accuse shops of copying and they are the ones who copied something or another shop in the first place haha... And if someone copies your part but better quality, is that still copying? Or are you just mad because someone actually cares to make the same part same as you but better? Ask the consumer what they would want to have and I bet %99 want the better quality, the other %1 probably went with powder coat color....

My $.02

I personally like when when the accusing company has no photographic evidence to support their bashing. But instead they talk about on a similar design that they did on a totally different model and/or brand of vehicle. Apples and oranges.

Aug 3, 2013
I think my biggest pet peeve is the fact that the factory units (all included) don't make the front and rear differentials more upgradable with different gear configurations for all the new tire sizes that are available now. Don' t get me wrong Im not asking for the MFG's to make ring gear sets, Im asking for the diffs to be easier modified. Just my 2 cents which is now worth 1.5 cents. lol

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I think my biggest pet peeve is the fact that the factory units (all included) don't make the front and rear differentials more upgradable with different gear configurations for all the new tire sizes that are available now. Don' t get me wrong Im not asking for the MFG's to make ring gear sets, Im asking for the diffs to be easier modified. Just my 2 cents which is now worth 1.5 cents. lol
I agree 100 %. I though, would like to have a choice of different gear set for the diffs. Not a standard thing in the ATV or UTV world, but that world is rapidly changing in front of our very eyes!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
its cheaper to have trans re geared. But what people don't know is for every 1000 rpm you go up on motor ex 7000rpm rzr know you put cams and other crap in know motor makes most power at 8000rpm you have to gear down then add the bigger tires same thing not gear up.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
its cheaper to have trans re geared. But what people don't know is for every 1000 rpm you go up on motor ex 7000rpm rzr know you put cams and other crap in know motor makes most power at 8000rpm you have to gear down then add the bigger tires same thing not gear up.
After working with Adam at Airdam for 3 full days, I feel that 90% of issues related to top speed, engine rpm's, and clutch life can be addressed in the clutching adjustments, more than anywhere else. I just wish he wasn't so damned smart so I could have followed him more comprehensively.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
After working with Adam at Airdam for 3 full days, I feel that 90% of issues related to top speed, engine rpm's, and clutch life can be addressed in the clutching adjustments, more than anywhere else. I just wish he wasn't so damned smart so I could have followed him more comprehensively.
Finally got that deal worked out...thats good!:)

Aug 3, 2013
Same here. I know gear sets in regular straight axle cars but when it comes to clutching Im out. I wanna run 32's on a xp1000 4 seater because the length of that thing and clearance issues it will have with our style of riding. I thinking gear reduction kit and then try clutching after seeing what the top end will do with the taller tires. BTW not mud tires either. Racing tires. That new xp1k4 is a limo.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Finally got that deal worked out...thats good!:)
As far as stock diameter pulleys go, we are much closer. We need to increase pulley diameter and belt surface area to pulley contact ratio to match the performance and leverage ratios that the Polaris set ups enjoy. I am currently digesting that problem as I type. With a 3 1/2" larger diameter secondary and center to center dimension of the clutches, your clutching advantage is insurmountable.

Great job at the V2R Jim! Did you guy's fulfill your appetite for a Monster-mash down? I hope so. Sorry I couldn't stop for even a second to say hi to you at the start. We literally just arrived hours sooner, and Cory was needing to still tech our car, just minutes before the race! Thanks again, Cory. Hope that stub axle got you where you needed to go. Jim, will make no excuses about our defeat. Everyone has problems, and we had our share of them. Man, what about Holtz? 5 tire changes, and a belt chane later, and he brings home the bacon. Congrats to Coastal!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
As far as stock diameter pulleys go, we are much closer. We need to increase pulley diameter and belt surface area to pulley contact ratio to match the performance and leverage ratios that the Polaris set ups enjoy. I am currently digesting that problem as I type. With a 3 1/2" larger diameter secondary and center to center dimension of the clutches, your clutching advantage is insurmountable.

Great job at the V2R Jim! Did you guy's fulfill your appetite for a Monster-mash down? I hope so. Sorry I couldn't stop for even a second to say hi to you at the start. We literally just arrived hours sooner, and Cory was needing to still tech our car, just minutes before the race! Thanks again, Cory. Hope that stub axle got you where you needed to go. Jim, will make no excuses about our defeat. Everyone has problems, and we had our share of them. Man, what about Holtz? 5 tire changes, and a belt chane later, and he brings home the bacon. Congrats to Coastal!
whats funny don't take this the wrong way but it hasn't been all done before. What I don't understand still is, you know and I know the engineers know what will make it better but will let us keep betting our heads against the wall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000