All UTV's What is the Best High Performance, NON-Turbo, 4 Seat UTV? (your opinion)

Joe13

Sep 17, 2016
So....

Get a “luxury” cruiser and learn to just take it easy... or... like any other very high performance application, get ready for maintenance on a regular schedule?

To tell you guys the truth, I’m half ready to just get a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, throw on a $400 slip-on muffler, $400 lift kit, nice sound system and a few Honda accessories, cruise in luxury, look the part and learn to have fun in the slow easy lane.

https://powersports.honda.com/pioneer/1000/home.aspx

Is there something in-between? Not so much maintenance, with enough performance to at least tag along with the big boys?

RWTDCT

Its an RZR Thing - La Familia
Jun 13, 2013
Central Coast, Ca. (Paso)
2014 XP4 1000 I ride the dunes, desert and rocks I have over 3000 miles. So far I have replaced my rollers on my secondary (with heavy duty ones) no problems sense I changed them. I also blow out my clutches after every ride. I just replaced my bushings on my A arms and brake pads all the way around. I had a weld crack on my muffler and one injector wire go bad. I have replaced several belts (takes approx. 15 min. to change).

It doesn't mater what rigs there is out there, they all have there own issues and will continue to have there issues. Lucky for me I do all of my own maintenance and repairs.

Good luck, Be Safe, Have Fun

Reactions: Joe13

Joe13

Sep 17, 2016
Even though the Yamaha YXZ1000R would be a serious compromise for me, because it’s two seater, I’m still going to give it good long look anyway. Any input on it would be wholeheartedly appreciated.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/pure-sport-side-by-side/models/yxz1000r/page-1

Maybe I’ll compromise on the two back seats, to get the performance of the Polaris, with the much lower maintenance of the Honda and Kawasaki units? What I hear from this forum, will weigh very heavily in my final decision.

I can’t thank you all enough, for spending your time with me on this. You’ve all been extremely helpful.

learn.gif

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
I currently have over 3700 miles on my stock XP 4 1000 clutches. I have had to replace the secondary rollers once. I'm sure I am on my last leg with the clutches but I blow my clutches out every couple rides.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000