What's next?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
What's going to be the next industry shifting UTV release?

The Polaris Sportsman Ace is an interesting thing to think about. I can see the ACE taking on a life of its own.

But what, when and who do you think will drop something that will literally make everyone's jaws drop?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I think it would be cool to see an ace with 60+ hp and 12" of travel. Yeah it is similar to the rzr's with specs like that. But a fun single seat crawler or trail runner would be a blast. Since they introduced the ace I could see it takin off and expanding like the first rzr's.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
If and when they come out with something I'm sure it will be something that will change the industry maybe not technology or hp, but just the fact they came out with something new.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
A utv AT THE PRICE OF SOME QUADS now thats a step in the right direction. Seen the video and the ace looks like a blast !

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
The OEM's at this point will never drop anything that will get me too excited.....The OEM's pushed for the 1000cc limit and helmet laws bullsh!t so anything much better than whats currently available will have to be had in the aftermarket.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Well being that Yamaha claimed to be on a 5 year plan and was expecting to release something new every year for 5 years. I would expect the next new model machine to come from them.

But I have also heard / been told Polaris was expecting to release a 50 inch version of the XP900. So possibly that is the next new Polaris we see? I would think with the Arctic Cat's 50" Wild Cat Trail available that Polaris would want to compete in the 50" sport market.

As far as revolutionary? I dont know who or what that will be. I will bet it is not over 1000cc though.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Actually I think some specialized machines would be pretty cool. Like something like a KOH vehicle meaning big tires lower gearing full protection winches etc. kinda like what can am does with the XMR machines. Possibly a drivetrain that doesn't use a belt and has more gears to choose from. Just dreaming for now.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am all for the specialized machines. Can-Am intro'd the Mud Monster Can-Am Maverick. I am shocked Arctic Cat and Polaris haven't also added a Mud edition Wildcat and RZR to their line ups.

With that said, a rock crawler / rock bouncer machine would be cool.

What about a Turbo?

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I think it would be cool if kawi and brp took their supercharged and turbo jet ski engines and make a couple sick sport sxs.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I would love to see KTM get into the SXS buisiness. A few years ago a local guy I used to shear & bend all my aluminum skid plates & floors. Did stuff for both Yamaha & KTM's supercross & desert works teams. He had mentioned years ago that he was told KTM was exploring the SXS market. Don't know what ever happened, and if we will someday see KTM in the sport.

Knowing the quality of KTM's line up and what they charge for their bikes vs the others. I would have to guess if KTM did build a UTV that it would be awesome, but not cheap. They are not the type to build a utility UTV. It would be high performance sport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000