All UTV's where to buy door latches and hinges?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
i want to build a set of doors for my Maverick. Where is everyone buying the slam latches and hinges? I want to make them open like a normal door not like all of the suicide ones on the market.

how about some links or leads.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I bought my set of latches off of amazon. And the hinges I made out of bronze bushings and 1/2" rod stock and 1/2" id DOM.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
A friend as well as my self have been using these bear claw latches for 3 years or so now and they are amazing. Close super smooth open very easy and are inexpensive for the quality.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-BCLG-Large-Locking-Latch/dp/B000BTK9V0"]Amazon.com: AutoLoc BCLG Large Locking Bear Claw Door Latch Set: Automotive[/ame]

For hinges I just used a pin style gate hinge like this. They are super cheap, easy to hide, open smooth and do not rattle.

http://www.etrailer.com/Enclosed-Tr...2nUb-1T_B-osGP2IDbVMooWgiyFVQ-3JWgaAiqe8P8HAQ

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
thanks guys, do they rattle at all? exactly what i was looking for just didnt know the name of what to search for.
My doors do not rattle. The latch is spring loaded so they do have a little play but my doors are suspended and not touching anything. if they where touching other body parts it may rattle.

One thing I really like about using the gate hinge also is that the door lift off the hinge so easy to remove them and re install them in seconds. but once the door is shut in the bear claw latch they are rock solid. Its nice to remove the doors when I go help mark race course or take the UTV out hunting.

here is a couple pictures to show my door layout and how they remove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000